Newbie ..... Help !

Mrs finch

My Husband, son & I had plans to move to Sydney this sept, However he may have a job on the table, which we will find out this eve & poss wants him to start beg of May!!! aarrghhh . So a little bit in panic mode as we need to pack our rented flat in London, pack up & sell our house in Leeds & start on our journey to Sydney. Haven't done much research in Sydney as we orig had to go to Canberra but my husband cant find the calibre of Job in Canberra but can in Sydney. So my questions at this present time are: 1. Do we go perm or contracting?? 2. which area's are good for Familys ( my son will be 3 in Sept so looking for good nurseries) & which is the best company for shipping. Please help as we are in a bit of limbo any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Mrs F :wacko:

Do you have visas?

Hi, Yes we do have visa's, we have a 176 skilled migration visa's. Sorry about the mad questions, just got soo many and don't know were to start. In the process of ringing round for quotes on shipping firms any advice? Thanks for replying :unsure:

Guest guest30085

Hi Mrs Finch

Firstly, take a deep breath :)

Make a list of everything that needs to be done, then work through who and how you can sort each item. Could the house in Leeds be rented out? It may be quicker to arrange. If not then put up for sale and arrange a power of attorney with a local solicitor.

Although I think families should travel out together if possible so that no one is left 'holding the baby' so to speak, would you be able to delay your journey slightly to arrange the packing up of the house and shipping etc.

Most of all, don't panic, work through the arrangements as best you can. Best of luck to your new adventure in Oz :)