Malaysian Airlines booking seats?

half a dozen

Hi, have booked for me and 3 kids to fly to UK with Malaysian Airlines online, the option of booking my seats came up but at a cost of $18 per seat per flight, this would add $280 to the cost of the flights! Didn't do it but have spoken to other people who booked via a travel agent and they booked seats for them at no extra cost and the flights cost the same. Did I miss something? I really want my kids to sit with me and even if I get to the airport extra early if everyone else has prebooked then I could be outa luck? Anyone else booked online and found this happened to them? Thanks! :huh:

They have introduced this lately as I tried to book my seats last year by calling them directly but they wouldn't do it without the fee. I always find I pay a bit more when I have booked through an agent rather than directly from their website, so perhaps the extra charged for the booking fee would have already been included in the agency fee?

They are not going to sit your kids the other end of the plane from you. I'd perhaps call the airline and speak to someone about seating.

Oh I forgot to mention as well, if you check in online early (you can check in 48 hours earlier than your flight), you can normally secure good seats! That's how I sniped our seats when we didn't want to pay the extra charges. You could also as snifter say try calling, but they may still tell you that you'd have to pay the extra to secure the seats. From the amounts you've mentioned, it sounds like you have some connecting flights. I think I only remember paying for one "seat booking fee" per person even though we secured seats for our ongoing flights as well. Worth a try! Good luck!