Which is best?

jacquena

Some of the companys you regually hear people use are Crown Relo, Doree Bonner, PSS, Whites and Co and Allied Pickfords.

We personally used Crown and were happy with their service. Most people seem to get 3 or 4 companys around for quotes and you can then decide who you feel best using and who gives a good price, just check whats included in your quote as some companys include fee's at this end too.

Lots of luck with everything

Cal x

We used Robinsons and were happy with them. We tried to get four companies to give us quotes but two made appointments then didn't show up and didn't try to make new ones so we figured they obviously didn't want our business that much. Make appointments with several companies to come and give you a quote and see what they have to say. You might be able to rule some out immediately and then compare the prices the others gave you. The two companies that made it to give us a quote both came up with about the same volume and about the same price so it came down to which sales person we preferred really. Don't go with anyone that won't come to your house at a time convenient to you or wants to quote without seeing your stuff.

They are quite fussy on this site, so try the guy who advertises here, called johnmason. We didn't know of him when we came, but I did have a rant on an unconnected thread, and his reply showed him to appear to be pretty reasonable.

Good luck, and bring as much as you can.

They are quite fussy on this site, so try the guy who advertises here, called johnmason. We didn't know of him when we came, but I did have a rant on an unconnected thread, and his reply showed him to appear to be pretty reasonable.

Good luck, and bring as much as you can.

John Mason are a company, not an individual, and according to their website they were established in 1884. I doubt if the person that replied to your rant was the original John Mason :wink:. They do get good reviews though so definitely worth getting them in for a quote.

I tried to get John Mason to come out and give me a quote. I don't work Fridays so I suggested any Friday. They came back and said they couldn't get anyone out on a Friday. Customer first?

PSS and Anglo Pacific seem very good. They work on a Friday...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I tried to get John Mason to come out and give me a quote. I don't work Fridays so I suggested any Friday. They came back and said they couldn't get anyone out on a Friday. Customer first?

PSS and Anglo Pacific seem very good. They work on a Friday...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PSS were one of the companies that didn't make it to my house. Apparently the person who was supposed to come fell down the stairs at someone's house and (in a separate call) wasn't very well so had to go to the doctors. I could be wrong but I don't think either was the real situation.

Thankyou everyone thats been a great help, were not bringing alot anyway i think i could fit everything were taking in afew boxes, the only big thing i want to take is my tv! We will just buy out there .

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Jacquena,

We will be shipping our stuff in the next few weeks to Wollongong and will be using Britannia Lanes - we intend to leave mid - May, we are based in Truro, Cornwall, we found them to be competitive and would love to hear of any of your plans, timescale etc. we would be happy to share our tale with you.

Donna & Paul

• 1 month later...

We used anglo pacific, they were great! We shipped everything & glad we did as we found it really expensive here & wouldn't have been able to get everything we wanted.

Hope your move went ok Donna, i have family in cornwall & miss visiting, such a beautiful place.

Good luck to you both on your move,

Im sure you will love the Gong, Sara