Anyone fancy meeting up for a drink in the Hobart area?

wendy parfitt

Hi All

Me and my family have recently arrived in Tas and would like to get to know fellow expats in the neighbourhood. We are living in Blackmans Bay, but could really do with some easy going company. Does anyone fancy meeting up in the Hobart area for a drink and chat? Me and my husband are in our early forties with a teenage son and barmy dog, though we think were still in our twenties! pretty easy going, not the brightest couple but enjoy a chat and a laugh. Let me know if your interested.

Wendy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently prancing around the playhouse stage in Peter Pan, but am happy to meet up after our run......

Wow...didn't take you long to dive into the local scene! :biggrin: Well within stumbling distance of the New Sydney. :wink:

For Wendy...I won't commit to a meet up at the moment: not because I wouldn't like to meet you but because I have so much on my plate at the moment that I'm trying to keep my nose to the grindstone and not get distracted! However, if you have any questions about this area, please feel free to ask. Vivien.

Hiya Wendy

Havn't had a look on PIO for a while, so only just seen your post.

We'd also love to have a meet up!

We're a family of 5 who moved over nearly 2 years ago now, eldest is nearly 18 then there's another 2 at 9 and 7 ( all boys ).

As we've got a built in babysitter, any weekend would be good for us, let us know and we'll be there!

Chris x

Hi All

Seems like we are not alone...

Thought I would arrange 2 meet ups, that way people can't make one hopefully they can make the other. I'm waiting to start a job next week, so free in the week so if you fancy a coffee let me know. How about this Friday 26th and Saturday 4th? I was thinking evening for Friday and late afternoon for Saturday (for those with kids) Maybe somewhere quite central, Hobart? Can anyone suggest a venue?

Wait for response.

Wendy

Hiya Wendy

No, you are definatley not alone :)

We were at Kingston up untill about a month ago, but have now bought a house at Allens Rivulet ( inbetween Margate and Sandfly ).

Unfortunatley I'm unable to meet up during the week, but we would be able to meet up on the friday if you fancy?

As far as the venue goes, have only been out for a drink once in central Hobart, so couldnt really suggest anywhere.

​chris x

Hi All

I too have limited experience of Hobart watering holes. May I suggest the Victoria Tavern at 33 Murray St, just off Macquarie St. I have suggested this venue not because it is billed as a British pub, or that I have been there before but because it's a central location and last time we walked past here on the evening it was quite empty ( now there may be a reason for this )' but at least we will be able to find each other as some of the popular pubs in Hobart can get really packed of a weekend. Shall we say 7.30 ish? Myself and my husband will be there and hopefully Crispysince70 and spouse, can anyone else make it?

Let me know so we know who we are looking out for, unless we re going to go for the red rose, lol

Wendy

Hi Wendy

Me and hubby will do our best to get there on Friday. It goes without saying that since we will be the oldest couple there we don't have any children. Not in Tasmania anyway. We are living in the Midlands and have been here since last June.

May go for the red rose lol :)

Hiya

We'll be defo be there. Really looking forward to it.

Chris x

Hi All

I too have limited experience of Hobart watering holes. May I suggest the Victoria Tavern at 33 Murray St, just off Macquarie St. I have suggested this venue not because it is billed as a British pub, or that I have been there before but because it's a central location and last time we walked past here on the evening it was quite empty ( now there may be a reason for this )' but at least we will be able to find each other as some of the popular pubs in Hobart can get really packed of a weekend. Shall we say 7.30 ish? Myself and my husband will be there and hopefully Crispysince70 and spouse, can anyone else make it?

Let me know so we know who we are looking out for, unless we re going to go for the red rose, lol

Wendy

Great. Fluffy head will be great to see you if you can make it, age no barrier as I said although me and my husband are in our 40 's we still think we re in our twenties, and I bet that goes for most of us!

Chris, will be great to meet you both, really looking forward to it.

If anyone else can make it drop us a line so we don't miss you.

Cass73, can you make Friday or is it difficult with babysitters? If you can't make Friday hopefully we can make it a family friendly venue next Saturday afternoon.

Smengy83, I assume youve still got plans this weekend, is next Saturday ok?

Gethsemene and Skani let us know when things aren't so hectic :-) sounds like you ve really thrown yourselves into things!

Hi all

Can't seem to see the thread anymore, must have clicked on something, bit of a technophob!

Anyway, for those of you that can make it will see you all at the Vicoria Tavern this evening, looks like it may be cold so I will be wearing a fake fur coat and have longish dark hair my husband is about 5 11 with dark hair.

See you soon.

Wendy