Times up, now what did we forget??????

MichaelD

Hey guys n girls,

Well the house is loaded in crates and waiting for a ship. Everything is sold, packed or binned, visas, flights, accomadation and my wifes job are all signed and sealed. Suitcases are ready to load! We have 7 days of glorious british spring to enjoy (sarcasm implied) and just sit back relax and wait to go.......

So why in the hell do i feel like ive forgoten something important here????? I know ive got everything ready, ive checked, rechecked then checked again and i cant find anything left to do.

Sugestions on a post card :-)

Guest guest30085

Re-direct post.

Changed address to another family members address for Driving Licence etc

Get final demands for utilities sent to family members address

Remember to take children/pets with you (if applicable) so they don't re-make the Home Alone film ;)

If I think of anymore I will post

Have a good trip over :)

Good luck with the move hope everything goes to plan...I'm sure you probably haven't forgotten anything that is too important andeven if you have forgotten anything, i'm sure it wont be a problem to sort it out. I guess everyone must feel that way to some extent...I know I do, even when we are about to board the flight..... and thats just for a 2 week holiday in Lanzarote :rolleyes:, so I'm sure you must feel that times 10 when you are actually getting a one way flight to make the move, but nothing that can't be resolved, so just sit back and as you already mentioned, enjoy this fine British sprintime and enjoy every bit of your journey to another life :-)

Passports & sunnies :cool:

I'm the one the movers talk about. The one who woke up with a sinking feeling the Friday before a Monday departure and 3 days AFTER the container left to realise they had asked my for a picture of my husband's passport and I put it in the printer, closed the top, took the copy and walked out of the room as they packed the printer. Yes. 3 days prior to departure - On a weekend - WHILE we were in Cornwall no where near London - AND scheduled to arrive the last possible day we could to validate the visa - I realise one passport is on its way with out us. stay neurotic. You might have forgotten something LOL!

Cancel tv licence.

Ring tomorrow, cancel again.

Ring next week cancel again.

Ring in a month cancel again.

They will still send letters to your last address claiming you don't have a licence and they are considering taking you to court.

For me that was that perpetual feeling of "I might not be able to do this again?" Obvious things like saying goodbye to friends, visiting your local haunts for the last time. Bye bye sterling currency and wooly winter clothing...

Agree with above, credit card, passport (and perhaps smart phone?!) and you can rule the world.

Have fun!

bertie B

Got the passport and credit card set, hair cut, bags packed, and a final farewell at the local tomorrow night. possibly a bad idea, checking in at brum at 10:30 thursday morning lol Now its just the endless wait for the flight to start and end, going to be a long long long flight, all attempts to quit smoking in advance were abandoned. Im a little disheartened to see the iphone saying rain in sydney all week though :-( The plan was to escape that after years in the midlands, the rain here never stops. Ah well i guess i will see for my self on friday night :-)

. Im a little disheartened to see the iphone saying rain in sydney all week though :-( The plan was to escape that after years in the midlands, the rain here never stops. Ah well i guess i will see for my self on friday night :-)

That's normal.....forecast always says "showers" or "possible shower".....this can mean anything from a 5 minute sprinkling somewhere in the city that you never notice, to an all-day downpour. I think they are covering their a45es.

it does rain a lot here though, more than you probably expect. But it's sunny a lot too.

Good luck!

Well we hit the ground running last friday night, straight to the appartment then explored the city on the weekend, my wife was straight to work monday and its been a blast... Only thing we forgot ( or i forgot more to the point) is how hard finding work can be!!! its only been a week but i have found nothing :-( im sure something will come up but its not what i expected, Back in the UK all you do is rock into one of the many temp agencies, throw in a CV and they call you up, Simples!!! Well either im missing something or that just is not the case out here... Ah well back to the job hunt for me i guess lol any pointers (or job offers lol) more than welcome...