please someone tell me that why my visa 175 took too long time

Saeid

Since Oct 2010 till now my profile is in DIAC.. And when my lawyer send email to DIAC they respond this profile is in normal process.. who knows how many days I have to wait to take visa? Please help me I'm confused too much these days.

Guest ThistleandThorns

Do you mean you've had a CO since December 2010 or is that when you submitted your application? What country are you from?

the agent thinks I'm in processing security check

Do you mean you've had a CO since December 2010 or is that when you submitted your application? What country are you from?

I live in Iran.. I meant I took DIAC number in Oct 2010..But until now my case officer hasn't taken my medical yet

Guest ThistleandThorns
I live in Iran.. I meant I took DIAC number in Oct 2010..But until now my case officer hasn't taken my medical yet

So you applied in October 2010 and got a CO allocated when? October 2011? Only when you get a CO the application gets progressed. I am not from Iran myself so I have no experience of it but Iran is on the "High Risk" country list and security checks can therefore take a very long time. On other forums I have seen people waiting for 1+ year for the security checks. Have you spent time in any neighboring countries? If so that might add. The CO won't ask for a medical until the security checks have come back as medicals do have a limited lifetime and it's pointless for you to pay to have them done only to have to pay again if they expired. I am afraid my only advice is to wait and have patience. Alternatively you could have your agent call DIAC and ask for an update - unless he or she has already done so? Hang in there, it's a long wait but in the end it'll hopefully all be worth it! All the best!

So you applied in October 2010 and got a CO allocated when? October 2011? Only when you get a CO the application gets progressed. I am not from Iran myself so I have no experience of it but Iran is on the "High Risk" country list and security checks can therefore take a very long time. On other forums I have seen people waiting for 1+ year for the security checks. Have you spent time in any neighboring countries? If so that might add. The CO won't ask for a medical until the security checks have come back as medicals do have a limited lifetime and it's pointless for you to pay to have them done only to have to pay again if they expired. I am afraid my only advice is to wait and have patience. Alternatively you could have your agent call DIAC and ask for an update - unless he or she has already done so? Hang in there, it's a long wait but in the end it'll hopefully all be worth it! All the best!

what is CO?

My application assigned to CO in Jan 2012 ..

My application assigned to CO in Jan 2012 ..

Then you have to wait a little longer because your Security checks had started when a CO has been assigned and for HR Applicants like you and me, It is taking 12-15 months for the security checks to be completed..

InshaAllah you will get your medical call within 1-2 months.

Edited by fabregas

• 1 month later...