Hello from the Midlands UK!

RobertRichardson

Hello fellow PIO forum users. I am a small business owner here in the UK with limited qualifications and a young family however I am eager to move to South Australia as soon as possible. After an extended visit to family in Oz I now know this is where I want to bring my children up and build my life.

It seems I am hitting many stumbling blocks with regards to visas but I am determined to make this work.

Looking for as much advice as possible on my options.

Thanks

Rob

welcome aboard.

Most of us understand your thoughts, but unfortunately the visa process can be pretty complex and takes time.

Have you had a chat with a migration agent about your possibilities?

Good luck, and ask away on here as Mad cow suggests. Also there is heaps of info on here already posted in threads, so have a good nose around.

Hello all, I'm in the Midlands (UK) as well, am in IT (am 42yrs old) no kids, married but owing to some bad news on that front, am now seriously considering a move to Aus, NSW, Sydney because I've always wanted to live and work in Australia and also have a friend who lives and works there (with Aus Citizenship).

I'm not endowed with qualifications but have a very good job with a reasonably wide experience. I thought I might be able to sell up and just take my car, once I'd acquired a job. I thought I could take a two week holiday there once I'd set-up a couple of interviews but I'm certain that I'm over simplifying things...

I guess this hits upon may aspects (difficulties) of moving to Aus and the information is probably all available somewhere on this forum. I suppose it starts with how employable I am out there in Aus and take it from there.

It seems that I'm at the foot of a very high mountain, looking up at its distant and snowy apex (in more than one way). Unsure where to start really or if its even viable for me.

Hello all, I'm in the Midlands (UK) as well, am in IT (am 42yrs old) no kids, married but owing to some bad news on that front, am now seriously considering a move to Aus, NSW, Sydney because I've always wanted to live and work in Australia and also have a friend who lives and works there (with Aus Citizenship).

I'm not endowed with qualifications but have a very good job with a reasonably wide experience. I thought I might be able to sell up and just take my car, once I'd acquired a job. I thought I could take a two week holiday there once I'd set-up a couple of interviews but I'm certain that I'm over simplifying things...

I guess this hits upon may aspects (difficulties) of moving to Aus and the information is probably all available somewhere on this forum. I suppose it starts with how employable I am out there in Aus and take it from there.

It seems that I'm at the foot of a very high mountain, looking up at its distant and snowy apex (in more than one way). Unsure where to start really or if its even viable for me.

Hello, tj2k all i can say is good luck with everything and stay positive.

• 1 month later...

Hey Pip, thanks for that reply :) Things a lot better now, settled any debt I had, sold my nice car (so won't import it) and motorcycle, bought my (ex)partner out, divorce papers all done and back with local county court etc mortgage re-arranged and just about in my name (via solicitors), so am pretty much ready to sell it or rent it.

Looking back at that post, seems a world away - yet it was only in February.

Just need to put a lil by each month to save for Oz and keep applying for roles. I need to sort a visa out; to get a 457, I need a job offer - but for a Job offer I need a 457! So perhaps need to consider a working holiday visa which I picked up from another thread...

Anyway, onwards and upwards :)

Guest guest30085

Hi tj2k

Welcome to PIO

It may be worth starting your own thread and detailing which occupation you work in and others may have the same experience. I would look into the permanent visas first as they offer more security. I don't know anything about the IT route and whether qualifications may be required, they tend to do for a lot of skills assessments. I would speak to a migration agent (make sure they are MARA registered), a lot of the better agents post on PIO and a lot will do a free initial assessment.

​Good luck :)

Hello fellow PIO forum users. I am a small business owner here in the UK with limited qualifications and a young family however I am eager to move to South Australia as soon as possible. After an extended visit to family in Oz I now know this is where I want to bring my children up and build my life.

It seems I am hitting many stumbling blocks with regards to visas but I am determined to make this work.

Looking for as much advice as possible on my options.

Thanks

Rob

Your post got a bit lost here so I'm bumping it back up to the top so you might get some replies:)