General Visa Queries

Saviola

Hi All,

First thanks for the time and effort if you read this.

General Info:

Partner - Female 34 - Child Care Manager QOL - BA Hons Early Years Child Studies - Uncle Permanent Residence in Brisbane 16+ years

Me - Male 34 - Systems Administrator SQOL - BA Hons Business Administration

Questions:

1. We have been told that we can pretty much apply for any visa, which is both good and bad. The agent we spoke to is recommending a 190 visa as they are getting processed quicker. As I understand it we just have to stay in 1 state for 2 years, put simply?

2. Am I right in thinking we should do our IELTS and get skills assessed now? Do we both need to do this if or just the primary? Agent has saud to just prepare details for skills assessment.

3. Once IELTS and skills are done do we then just apply for EOI and wait? What other documents would we need to complete the EOI?

4. Is £3k for an agent for the whole process, not including medicals, assessment fees and Visa the going rate?

5. Medicals are one of th last things to do I know that. My girlfriend hates dentists and go to one specific dentist who she has used alot, will she have any dental exam as part of the medical (its freaking her out :))?

Thanks for reading I know some of these have been asked before but the new system is in place and wanted to double check. I have had contradiciting answers from other sources.

Many thanks for reading and any help given.

Cheers

Saviola

If you are a defacto couple you should decide which of you will be the main applicant. I recommend basing this on things like who can get the points easiest, which skills assessment is simpler, who has the most straight forward career history.

Yes the skills assessment and IELTS should be done first, most people need IELTS to boost the points score. When you have those you lodge the EOI and wait. In the meantime you would just pull together basic paperwork, birth certificates, evidence of relationship, employer references (which you may already have from the skills assessment).

Rupert,

Thanks for that, i am glad we have the stages right at least :)

My Girlfriend will be the primary as she has worked for the same company for 15 years, where as I have contracted for 10+ :)

Another thought how do you prove you are de-facto partners, I pay the lease she pays the bills? We never felt the need for a joint account, been together 10 years though.

Cheers

Saviola

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to drag up an old thread but can anyone say if we need the general or academic IELT test, please?

Its general IELTS you need to do.

To answer old question - no dental check is done. Only urine, blood and physical check is done along with ears and eye test.

Edited by lebourvellec
Forum Rules - blog link removed