Hi Everyone.

I am looking for like minded parents in Perth to share babysitting with every once in a while to give parents who have migrated a bit of a break and a chance to have some 'me time' together,as hiring a babysitter in Perth costs a small fortune and I thought it would be easier to have a small group of trusted families to share babysitting with and give the kids a chance to meet other kids in similar situations.

I was talking to a mother from England the other day in work and she was saying with her Husband in the mines on a 3:1 roster how she finds it hard to get any time to herself with 3 kids. I only have one girl but with no family or friends over here I sympathized with her.

I have found the whole relocation thing nerve racking and I reckon I cant be the only one that misses the support of family and friends at home so if you like the sounds of it drop me a line on this and we can sort out a time to have a coffee.

I am located NOR.

Thanks lads.

:cute:

HI pinkpolkadot08

What a brilliant idea! When I was your age and had small children, the village I lived in (Sussex, England) used to have the same set up and it was the best thing for us all. We worked on a token system... you babysat, you earned tokens which you could spend for baby sitting. Our children made friends and so did us Mums. It was the best thing ever and I so hope you can get this up and running. Can I suggest that you post your brilliant idea on our sister site "Perth Poms". The link is at the bottom of this page. And by the way, one of the friends my daughter made through this was a bridesmaid at her wedding in 2011 - just goes to show that these kind of things can be lasting and ongoing....... Let us know how you go please.....