5 years Return Resident Visa

May31

Hi,

Would it be feasible for me to get a 5 years Return Resident Visa if i just few months (2 months) away to full fill the 2 years requirement? This is because i have to back to my home country to settle some personal matters before i manage to full fill the 2 years term. Wonder it there any buffer period that DIAC allow for the RRV?

Please advise. Thank you :)

Hi,

No you definitely need to have been here for the full 2 years to get a 5 year RRV. We were only a few weeks away from our 2 years here before we went on our recent holiday and were only allowed a 1 year RRV. You will need to go for an interview and submit all the substantial ties evidence in order to get the 1 year RRV. Hope that helps.

Vikki

Hi

Saw this thread and it got me wondering:

Myself and my fiance are going back to the UK in August to get married, we are on a 186 regional employer sponsored visa at the moment. Do we need to apply for a visa to come back into Australia? We have bee on our current visa since 11th December 2012. I am a bit confused by the info on the website. We will be back in the UK for 6 weeks before returning to work.

Thanks in advance.

Guest GeorgeD
Hi

Saw this thread and it got me wondering:

Myself and my fiance are going back to the UK in August to get married, we are on a 186 regional employer sponsored visa at the moment. Do we need to apply for a visa to come back into Australia? We have bee on our current visa since 11th December 2012. I am a bit confused by the info on the website. We will be back in the UK for 6 weeks before returning to work.

Thanks in advance.

You can come and go as you please for 5 years after your initial grant of PR. After that you need the RRV to return to Oz...you can remain in Oz as long as you want on your PR...you just can't leave and come back without the RRV. In your case, if your PR was granted in 2012...you don't need to worry about needing a RRV until 2017, and even then, it's only if you want to leave and come back (even a day trip to NZ needs the RRV at this point). Obviously if you decide to become a Citizen by then you don't need the RRV either!