Booking meds

Welsh Soroka

Hello experts,

Right after a bit of information if anyone can help out.

Got invited for 190 today and have got our TRN number, yet phoned up Manchester Bridgewater to book MEDS and they stated that TRN was not active.

Got as far as the last but two pages on visa due to requiring some small tweaking over the next week before lodging, but still not giving any more info on MEDS.

Does the visa have to be lodged before the TRN is active to book medicals?

Thanks in advance

Hello experts,

Right after a bit of information if anyone can help out.

Got invited for 190 today and have got our TRN number, yet phoned up Manchester Bridgewater to book MEDS and they stated that TRN was not active.

Got as far as the last but two pages on visa due to requiring some small tweaking over the next week before lodging, but still not giving any more info on MEDS.

Does the visa have to be lodged before the TRN is active to book medicals?

Thanks in advance

I dont think you can get them done until you have a case officer and they request you get them done. So yes you have to lodge your visa application first. That is how we had to do it for 186.

Edited by neenie

We had ours meds booked at Bridgewater before our CO requested them as were due to be in the UK and wanted it all done and dusted at the same time. When I originally spoke to Marie Ann at Bridgewater she said she did not have my details on her screen, only husbands. She said I needed to click on the link that is on the evisa. I went in and did this. It will say something like organise medicals and there will be a link of the panel doctors etc (ours has now disappeared so don't know exact words). I clicked on the link and then phoned Bridgewater back. Hey presto, they had my details and made the appointments for us both. I then emailed the CO to tell her that we had booked the meds.

Good Luck.

If your application has not been lodged you dont have a TRN number yet, this is generated once the application has been lodged.

You cant book your medicals until your application has been lodged.

Concentrate on getting your application lodged and uploading the documents, you will not get a CO for about 5 weeks, remember that the earliest date of medicals or Police checks is the date that is used for making first entry to Australia, to validate.

sorry if this is a bit dozy, but youre in Swansea, south wales, UK? (I'm in Merthyr Tydfil, south wales UK)

why don't you use Spire hospital cardiff- its listed on the DIAC website not that I've used them yet- I cant download the forms and the clinic cant find me. I think i'm missing something but I'm cluless as to what it might be. We're hoping for 187 visa RSMS, but not a dickie bird yet

cant wait for nye on 18 months of winter!- if last years summer is anything to go by

Thanks for all the info guys much appreciated. Like most of you have advised think its best to just concentrate on getting the visa actually completed and lodged firstly, worry about MEDS further on down the road.

@welshpod, ye have notice that mate in Cardiff but relocating up to Sunderland in next few weeks so Manchester the only closest one there. When do you plan to head to Oz then and what part?

@welshpod, ye have notice that mate in Cardiff but relocating up to Sunderland in next few weeks so Manchester the only closest one there. When do you plan to head to Oz then and what part?

Well if only I knew..... the plan is to move ASAP about an 1hr1/2 from Melbourne in woop woop land according to our mate who's already there but Immi are being rather unhelpful in that they wont just let us wander in.

Where in WA? have you got a job lined up?