what area to settle at in perth,help

bwatt99

Im moving to perth may 2013 have been to oz many times,checked out areas not all and have seen a few areas getting bigger while i was there,this was a few years ago now,im not sure where i want to settle north or south,just dont have a clue.

I was wondering with most of you where did you go,why there and any feedback about that area,was there an area you had planned on going to and did say rent but ended up somewhere else.

Be good to know if schools on the area are good as we have a girl who is 9 months old when we leave, so will need to go to school later in life.

Also distance from beach,crime in the area,train and busses in the area,doing the shopping and just general location of where it is to places nearby.

Where you work and does that factor into why you moved there etc.House prices was it less or more in the area you picked

Guest Guest26012

Hi, I think your best bet when considering areas is where you will be working. If you don't know that then it's a bit difficult. When we first moved here I had a job to come to and we based our area around that. Although we misjudged a bit and the travel for me became a task. I changed jobs, after 3 years and now work nearer home. I can't help you with schools but others will. Have you got a job to come to?

I have the same problem and am not sure which area to live in for a short term before I buy a house. I have been offered a job in South Perth, Hammond Park area to be exact and would like to know what areas would be nice to live with a young family.

Thanks.

Also remember Perth is not just North and South, there is also East and West. Perth CBD is actually several K's inland - western suburbs tick all your boxes accept cost - very expensive but delightful with great schools. East is cheaper, near the hills and some nice suburbs dotted among not so nice ones!