SENDING ITEM'S BEFORE YOU GO?????

Guest fancyfella

Guest fancyfella

Hi Folks,

I want to send 2 suitcases to Australia before we go as my friend said i can send them to his house and he will keep them till we arrive,so folks has anyone done this what is the cost and any information on good company's that do this service would be appreciated.

THANKS FOR YOU'RE TIME FANCYFELLA AND THE TRIBE

P.S.YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Guest daisydeeds

We had a strange surprise yesterday as my hubby got a phone call from Crown telling us that all our belongings that had been in storage had left the harbour that morning! We had thought that we had asked them to keep them in storage for 12 weeks but it turns out it was 8 weeks. They didnt phone us before they put them on the ship. Choobs explained that we were awaiting the AOS bit of the visa and this was met with oh well it ll just be a couple of days now. ! ;-) Essentially... eek. Its fine though because I dont think AOS bit of the visa ll take the 12 weeks that Crown say it ll take our things to get to Australia lol.

Daisydeeds

Blimey daisy! Best hope it all happens quickly!! What will they do if your things arrive before you do? Can they just store them at the other end?

Guest daisydeeds

Hiyah.

Nah there isnt a problem with that - its a door to door service so if need be our sponsors will store them till we arrive. We are in the very lucky position that we have folk who are putting us up till we get somewhere to live so we gave Crown their address as the delivery address :-)

Whew. Right, everyone check that you have specified the right no. of weeks for storage till shipping !!! LOL.

Daisydeeds

Archived