Adelaide suburbs any recomendations?

Guest deb and stoo

Guest deb and stoo

:D

Hi All

We know we're jumping the gun here but does anyone have any recomendations for areas to settle in Adelaide?

I'm hoping to find work at the airport, though have been driving 110 miles each day to Heathrow and back, so traveling doesn't bother me but a nice area with good schools would be nice.

All ideas most appreciated.

Deb & Stoo

Guest Alison1967

Try the Adealdiebrit website they have threads on the different suburbs.

Entirely subjective subject and really until you see them personally you may be narrowing your options.

Im gald i'm renting intially so i can have a good look round before buying.

Will you be thinking of doing a reccie first?

Ali

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Alison

Yes we members of Adelaidebrits and going to post a similar message on there.We are thinking about going out on a recce as I'm currently working for an Airline that flies to Oz,unfortunately only Sydney, so cheap flights a go go and maybe hitch a ride to Adelaide :shock:

Whereabouts are you renting and what areas have you found nice so far?

Deb & Stoo

Guest Alison1967

check out the older threads as you may not need to post the thread.

Also it can turn into a north south thing and then you won't get the right info. If you can't find the older threads PM Jet about them she's usually on the ball.

Ali

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nicole Page

Deb & Stoo --

Adelaide is pretty easy to drive around in -- not a lot of traffic, so I wouldn't be too hung up on proximity of the airport.

However, if you're wanting nice suburbs close to the airport, any of these are fine:

West Lakes

Henley Beach

Grange

West Beach

Glenelg

Brighton

(all very nice beachside suburbs, but expensive by adel standards)

Novar Gardens

Camden Park

Glenelg East

Glengowrie

Cumberland Park

Westbourne Park

Col Light Gardens

Goodwood

Forestville

Unley

Malvern

Parkside

Lockleys

Mile End

All of the above are within easy reach of the airport, and all are good to really good suburbs

Personally, I would avoid:

Richmond

Woodville & anything north of that

Further afield:

North Adel & Prospect are v nice, I would avoid anything north of there though

Norwood, Kensington Gardens, Magill, Stoneyfell, Toorak Gardens, Dulwich, Waterfall Gully are all good suburbs

Urrbrae, Netherby, Springfield (if you're a multimillionaire), Mitcham, Highgate, Fullarton, Glenunga are all good suburbs

Places like Blackwood, Eden Hills, Glenalta, Hawthornedene, Coromandel Valley, Aberfoyle Park, & Flagstaff Hill are in the foothills, but all within 20 to 30 minutes of the CBD. All are good suburbs

It's pretty hard to guide you much more than that, without knowing your budget, what size house you need, and what you like (Hills, or beach? Inner city, or a little further out ok?)

Anyway, hope that helps a little.

Cheers

Nicole

Guest deb and stoo

:D Hi Nicole

Thank you so much for all that wonderful information,we've printed it off and will be going through each recomendation individually though we know its going to be next year before we're on the way as we are still waiting the SIR back from the SA goverment.

I like the idea of being easy to get around,anythings better than the 3 hour 50 mile journey to Heathrow everyday :(

Many thanks

Deb & Stoo

• 4 weeks later...
Guest darren stuart

Adelaide has just over 1 Million people and even the outer suburbs are only 3/4 hr at the most away from the Airport. The further you live North of the city the hotter it is, and the area's are not quite as nice. The Southern Areas as discribed like Happy Valley , Flagstaff Hill and Aberfoyle park are a realy nice and a great place to bring up kids. The houses have big yards and plenty of parks and schools . The average cost of these for a 4 bedroom with Family, lounge and Two bathroom rooms would be about $300,00.00 AUD You could a very very comfortable home for this.

Guest Nicole Page
Adelaide has just over 1 Million people and even the outer suburbs are only 3/4 hr at the most away from the Airport. The further you live North of the city the hotter it is, and the area's are not quite as nice. The Southern Areas as discribed like Happy Valley , Flagstaff Hill and Aberfoyle park are a realy nice and a great place to bring up kids. The houses have big yards and plenty of parks and schools . The average cost of these for a 4 bedroom with Family, lounge and Two bathroom rooms would be about $300,00.00 AUD You could a very very comfortable home for this.

Agreed Darren, I see we are on the same page.

I know a lot of Pommy immigrants move into Elizabeth way, but why they do is beyond me. I guess its because its cheap, but lets be honest: its not very nice!

I think you've hit the nail on the head re suburbs like Happy Valley, Aberfoyle Park & Flagstaff Hill. My aunt and uncle live in Aberfoyle Park & a work collegue lives in Flagstaff Hill.

These are safe, leafy, green suburbs filled with young families. And, I think they're really good value for money: maybe the best in Adelaide. I don't think folks would go wrong to look at those suburbs very closely. They're really nice, their affordable, and they are an easy drive into town or down to the beach.

Darren & I aren't steering you wrong here people! :D

• 2 months later...
Guest mr mover
it would be interesting to know if Nicole and Darren have ever lived north of Gepps cross

I would say they have been brain washed by the ill informed :wink: ......mm

• 4 years later...
Guest jcarter01

hey am new to this never used a forum before! but i am moving to adelaide in jan and was the samething? was woundering if you had any reply

thanks x

Archived