Two and half weeks left u til we fly. Feeling anxious.

Jin77

Anyone else feel nervous and sad before the big flight. It's not that I don't want to go. I see going an amazing opportunity. I have been mentally getting myself ready since October 2010. My niece is is at that age of getting interesting. My moms health is poor and seeing her before we leave could be the last time we see her. Logically , my sister and parents are being mega supportive on this move and want me to be happy. They are putting aside their feelings.

I'm also getting annoyed that family haven't called to arrange when they want to come round. So I know they are leaving it to the last minute when I really want to spend that time with my parents and family. I posted on Facebook about inviting everyone over before the new year.

I know I should just focus on the happy things. Finish tidying up my affairs and spending time with people who want to make effort to see me. At least all our mates have given us times and dates and we have been working our way through them.

Maybe it's just family , not overly impressed that we are stepping out into the land of adventure. I guess it's their problem not mine.

I guess you are right and it is the build up to Christmas holidays. It's just I know that I will be planning on doing something then we will get random phone calls. Then relatives will moan at us that WE ARE IGNORING THEM ! Then I will have to cancel and then my last meeting with the these people will be me very grizzly at them . I guess I need to laugh!

With regards to people not arranging to see you, I think it is common for family/friends to distance themselves, they are preparing themselves for you going, I don't think it's Coz they don't want to see you, much the opposite, it's a coping strategy!

This is EXACTLY what I feel like I've been going through.. But the opposite. I've been the one at times where I have little to no desire to catch up before I leave. It's awful and in a way I couldn't understand it but I believe I'm beginning to cope. It's something my girlfriend has been saying. Force yourself to spend as much time as possible with everyone because you'll regret it down the road and she's right.

Ps - I leave the day after Christmas, so it'll surely be a bittersweet christmas and thankfully I'll be able to see most of my family before I head off.

My husband , 5 year old daughter and I leave on January 7th. I have spent the day crying as it was my daughter's last day at school and while she was fine , I was in bits at saying goodbye to my friends who are also parents at the school. I worry about leaving my mum and sister , who are also in poor health, but they are so supportive and get angry everytime I say , I wont go as I'm worried about them.

At the end of the day , I have to keep reminding myself , what a great job my husband will have and the better lifestyle for my daughter.

I guess its just normal to be anxious , and excited and sad all at the same time.

Anyway , enjoy christmas with all your family and good luck xx

Di

I totally agree with what has been said about families preparing themselves. My Wrinklies asked me every time I spoke to them "any news", what have you done today re paperwork etc. Since we rec'd the invite and have applied, they never ask. I can tell that this is their way of copying. Today I was chatting to my Mum and said I was a little concerned not heard from CO or anything and she said, they are working in the background, they are obviously fine with what they have so don't panic.

We have purposefully decided not to spend Christmas with our families this year as we did not want next Christmas to be the first one without us. It is killing us. We are normally very social at Christmas, but it will be just the two of us and the two Hooligans.

We fly to Melbourne on January 6th and I left work yesterday morning............... It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do! I love my job and love my friends and colleagues and have been in tears since AND then my son finished school today and the children made a collage for him with photos and messages. All the kids came up to hug him and me, and tears were shed by all including his teacher! I have been so positive and organised about this move but have found it very difficult today with my wobbles which I know is to be expected but my god emotions really get you up and down!!!

Hope you get to make the most of the family meet up.

good luck with the departure.Apimental,

i just left work on Friday 14th from a school I had worked at for just over eight years. I could barely speak I. The build up to leaving. Partly cos I couldn't talk about it but I was also working to the last second when I left.

i told my parents last night our departure date. They knew we were going early mid Jan but I was trying to stop my mom from counting the days.

I think we are both anxious abut leaving the folks. They are coping the best that they can but people are making lots of comments of the negative kind to them . Along the lines that we are abandoning them.this is not bothering me but my OH is getting irritated.

its weird the card fate hands out. But we have to think about our future quality of living and the future of our next generation. I come from a long line of travellers and we got to be positive , nothing ventured , nothing gained.

Edited by Jin77