I'm new here! Help on Settlement Statement please!!

LouiseE

Hi all,

I have just joined this site today!

My visa progress:

Did IELTS exam in Southampton in March (Got overall level 9)

Vetassess submitted 1st September, got a positive on 26th October (Events and Conference Organiser)

Now gathering evidence for De-facto relationship and statements to apply for state sponsorship for Canberra.

I was hoping for help on the settlement statement! I am struggling to write more half a page and don't know what to include. I have searched on-line but can not find any examples. The other statements seem straight forward enough as they are factual but this one is much harder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Louise

Welcome to PIO

It can be difficult, we applied to WA - but it was very difficult to write want you needed as they only gave you about 200 words per section.

I would imagine that you would need to show how much research to have you have done on jobs, where going to live, cost of living with a break down on costs, what industry you are targeting and why. Really to show that you have done research on Canberra, or if you have been before.

Hi All,

Louise, I seem to be in the same predicament as you. I hope we can share some ideas. I have been lurking on this site for a few months now but this is my first post. I find the information posted on this forum very helpful and I appreciate everyone's input.

I believe for the settlement statement you need to show you have researched about the cost of settling in Canberra and provide a breakdown of expenses according to what you have researched.

I am in the process of applying for ACT SS, and like many others I seem to be having some difficulty coming up with the commitment statement. In the nomination guidelines, the Settlement Statement and Commitment to Canberra Statement are listed as 2 separate items. Does this mean there should be 2 separate documents? Or should the details in the Settlement Statement be included in the Commitment to Canberra statement? Should it also include the evidence of employment opportunities as well?

I am a bit confused so any clarification on this matter from those who have had a successful ACT SS would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dominique a.k.a "Husker"

Edited by Husker

• 4 months later...

Hi there!

We are just in the process of collecting the requied documents for ACT SS and I was wondering if you could let me know did you

listed those statements as 2 separate documents or if you have any advise on this to let me know..

Thanks a lot,

Antonia

Hi All,

Louise, I seem to be in the same predicament as you. I hope we can share some ideas. I have been lurking on this site for a few months now but this is my first post. I find the information posted on this forum very helpful and I appreciate everyone's input.

I believe for the settlement statement you need to show you have researched about the cost of settling in Canberra and provide a breakdown of expenses according to what you have researched.

I am in the process of applying for ACT SS, and like many others I seem to be having some difficulty coming up with the commitment statement. In the nomination guidelines, the Settlement Statement and Commitment to Canberra Statement are listed as 2 separate items. Does this mean there should be 2 separate documents? Or should the details in the Settlement Statement be included in the Commitment to Canberra statement? Should it also include the evidence of employment opportunities as well?

I am a bit confused so any clarification on this matter from those who have had a successful ACT SS would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dominique a.k.a "Husker"