Been back in the UK for only 3 months decided to go back to Adelaide,need help with AQIS form

The Cox's

Hi all,we're in big dilemma here with AQIS form. We have been back for 3 months in the UK but decided to go back to Oz.We shipped some of our stuff from Australia & kept in storage as we decided to go back after starting work & it didn't work out here. We bought new sofas,dining table, beds & other small kitchen stuff. Do people here declare goods under 12 months?I'm a bit weary as we are returning back after just staying here for 3 months,customs might check thoroughly if im unlucky. I would have just not declare anything because they can't prove it. I can just say that those furnitures were given to us by relatives as they dont look brand new anyway.How do people here go with these situation?Surely it can't be just us who return in a flash!!!!please help

What Rupert said. Just take all the wrappers, labels, price tags off and remove boxes. They have no way really of proving they are new without going to a load of hassle, which they don't really have time to do. They are more concerned at people shipping a container load of new washing machines.

As the others have said, don't worry about it. We bought a new duvet to take with us and took it out of the packaging before the shippers arrived and no one knew any different. We actually considered buying a new vacuum in the UK but weren't sure about the whole customs charge thing and our shipper advised us that if we did buy one to take it out of the box, use it a couple of times and not declare it. We also had various bits of furniture that we have bought that may or may not have been over 12 months old. i couldn't remember exactly when we bought it and I wasn't going to mess about trying to work it out to declare it. If you've been using it don't worry about it and if you haven't make sure it's fully unpacked.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hi all,we're in big dilemma here with AQIS form. We have been back for 3 months in the UK but decided to go back to Oz.We shipped some of our stuff from Australia & kept in storage as we decided to go back after starting work & it didn't work out here. We bought new sofas,dining table, beds & other small kitchen stuff. Do people here declare goods under 12 months?I'm a bit weary as we are returning back after just staying here for 3 months,customs might check thoroughly if im unlucky. I would have just not declare anything because they can't prove it. I can just say that those furnitures were given to us by relatives as they dont look brand new anyway.How do people here go with these situation?Surely it can't be just us who return in a flash!!!!please help

Best of luck mate, lots do what you've done and go back to Australia.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have been back from short stay in WA for 5 years now and about 18 months ago we decided to migrate again. Looks like it will be Adelaide for us this time aswell. Could I ask you why Adelaide for you this time?