Home Contents Insurance

nicolac34

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for home contents insurance? It's the one thing I've been putting off as last time I looked I was getting quotes that were near the $1,000 a year mark and this totally freaked me out! (I was paying £176 a year in the UK).

We don't have particularly valuble household contents, but need cover for items outside the home that are rather expensive (engagement ring, TAG watch, laptops, iphones, DSLR Camera) and also need this to extend to overseas cover for items away from the home (UK policies allowed upto 30 days overseas cover).

Not having a comparison website to use over here I'm getting bored of googling companies, so if anyone can recommend decent/cheap cover it would be appreciated!

We're in WA and we are renting.

Hiya

We pay $130 per month for home and contents and also have other iteams, ie watches and rings insured on that as they add up hugely to ever rebuy. I used to pay around 40quid in the uk but my house and contents cost a hell of alot more over here so i dont see the price raise as an issue as its all relative.

hope this is of some use :)