Medical costs and Police checks...

Guest Beki

Hi Folks,

I checked out our Dr and Radiologist for medicals earlier and the whole thing for us as a family of five (three sprogs under 6) is going to cost us £409.66!

I think I better get a job before we go, this whole thing is costing an arm and a leg!

I can't find any info. on the police checks though. I had one done to help out in my daughters school last year. It took ages, from what I can remember. Does anyone know, is it the same check, so will they simply renew it? Where do you get the form from, the local Police Station?

Beki :|

Hi Beki,

When we got ours done it cost us about £350 including xrays! - And that was for the two of us! Saying that Glasgow did only have the one authorised immigration approved doctor. If you can shop around I would else you'll probably have to pay the going rate! :(

Thanks for that Tim,

I saw your reply and thought my quote was too good to be true so checked and guess what, it was too good to be true! Bother!

I thought she meant £156 for us both (she said "the adults") but no add another £156.

Break down; £48.83 each adult chest x-ray, do this first then take results to Dr. with a passport size photo of each adult. Then £156 each adult and £52 each child. My real total is £565.66 :shock: I just know he's gunna send me out to work at Tescos now! :cry:

Beki

Guest forshac

Hi,

I still think your quote is a good price...We just had ours done for the 2 of us - £490 because we both have tatoos it cost us an extra £120.. :cry:

Guest daisydeeds

The Police check that you wouldve got done for working / helping at school is an Enhanced Disclosure. The police check that you need to do for the visa is an actual Police Check with Scotland Yard. You have to go into your local police station to ask for one with ID on you. It costs a small sum - I think it was twenty quid or something. They say it takes around six to eight weeks but we got ours back within a couple of weeks.

Daisydeeds :-)

Guest Pasty

Hi Beki

The police check costs £10 per person and you get the forms from the HQ of your local police (subject access form) or on the internet, just complete, provide 2 forms of ID and send it off (takes max 40 days at the moment - we know cos we are still waiting for ours 1 month down the road). Police checks for over 16 only.

Medicals - ours cost us £700 for a family of 4 (x2 kids under 5) and 2 adults - hubbie and I both have tattoos and this cost us an extra £100 per person so if it's £550 approx you're paying for 5 of you it's not so bad!

Hope this helps you

Jackie (Mrs Pasty)

Thank-you for that info. I will look into it!

D'yo know, Rich was fine about it, after all! :D

He said "Bovered, does my face look bovered about it?" :lol:

Guest AndyR

I take it that there will be blood test etc if you have tattoos ?

Does anyone know if they charge per tattoo (only joking as I have several).

Has anyone had medicals declined due to insulin dependent diabetes ?

Guest Pasty

Hi Andy

Can only answer the tattoo questions, it doesn't matter how many tattoo's you have it's only the only lot of blood they take at a cost of approx £100 per person

Jackie

Guest shakatara
Hi Andy

Can only answer the tattoo questions, it doesn't matter how many tattoo's you have it's only the only lot of blood they take at a cost of approx £100 per person

Jackie[/quote

Hi there,

Yes you do have to have extra blood test done for tattoos, my husband and myself have them, cost us £60 each. It doesnt matter how many you have. They test you for hepititis etc. Hope that was of some help, and more info needed just yell.

shakatara

Guest basiltherat

Hi

Medicals for southwest area (Plymouth) family of 3

Medical £290.00

Xray £251.25

HIV £136.35

Hep B (Tattoos) £76.70 (2 people only)l

Total £754.30

I could save £1.00 by driving 100 miles??

Steve

Guest Pasty

Hi

To clarify my previous message, they charged us £100 p/p EXTRA for the tattoo blood tests as they check for hepatius B and C thats why our bill was £700 for the whole family!!

Jackie (Mrs Pasty)

Guest smashey2006

hi,

can someone tell me what the hell the medical test consists of and the police checks for that matter,

does it matter that i have speeding fines etc??? :?

Guest Missiemo

Hello

The medicals are just routine, blood tests for HIV etc, urine test, chest xray for TB etc, general weight check, eyes checked, ears checked and weight.

Police checks - do not worry about speeding, it is just for more serious stuff.

Good Luck

Mo

Archived