187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi everyone,

New to this and looking for some help please!!. My partner who is already in Oz has submitted a 187 (only a couple of weeks ago) with me as a secondary (de facto) applicant. I am in the UK still and we've been apart for 6 months now.

My question is, am I allowed to travel out/ move yet? We haven't even been allocated a CO yet. What are the current processing times?

And what sort of evidence have people provided for a de facto on a 187?

I'd appreciate any help :) thanks !

No you cannot move now.

You have to wait till decision unless you got alternative visa (vsitior, Holiday working etc ).

Regarding relationship you can provide following

1.Pictures

2.Fhone bills

3.Financial support(joint bank account, money transfer to support)

4.affidavit from your parents or freinds

5.affidavit from her parents or freinds

6.relationship history statement

7.any registration certificate(merriage/de fact to

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

Guest Simarjot

What type of more information they requested ???Retail Store Manager Nom & Visa 29/04/2016QLD
Could you please tell us what's u r occupation and are you from HR or LR country. Thanks

I applied on 22nd june as a chef what you think how far is i am

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A good 6 months at least. Delay kinda keeps growing so I wouldnt be surprised if its another 8 months. Nothing we can do but wait, save as much money as you can, think like you are in a temporary work visa without restrictions :)

I have applied mid April 2016, DE, LR, retail manger. My MA told me that CO shall be allocated within 2 to 3 months. That will become 1 year after applaying. And the delay just keeps growing, the later you apply the more you will wait if IMMI doesnt do anything about it.

Good luck

hello everyone yesterday unfortunately our workplace catch a fire and i applied my nomination and visa 0n 11th of march 2016 but my workplace gona reopen soon may be 3 months so will it effect in nomination and anyone has got visa from march

Edited by jaya

Hi Dear all

my 187(cook) visa grant in Oct 2016. I'm traveling now(annual leave). My coworker text me , the boss trying to revoke my visa and discuss with a lawyer how to do it. I applied the visa with all genuine docs. But I have a question, if the boss reports that I paid the visa fee and agent service fee myself, not paid by business, is it possible I will be in trouble???? Thanks.

Hi Dear all

my 187(cook) visa grant in Oct 2016. I'm traveling now(annual leave). My coworker text me , the boss trying to revoke my visa and discuss with a lawyer how to do it. I applied the visa with all genuine docs. But I have a question, if the boss reports that I paid the visa fee and agent service fee myself, not paid by business, is it possible I will be in trouble???? Thanks.

You have to pay the visa fee and agent by yourself. Not the company.

If you've used an agent to do your paperwork I think you are safe cause they wouldn't do something illegal to risk their licence. If your boss doesn't like you anymore they can fire you but you don't lose your pr. If your boss wants to revike your visa that probably has to go through the court and they will have to pay for a lawyer as well.

Good luck with everything and remember that its always better to seek legal advice ( even a skype meeting with an agent if you are overseas).

My frd has checked with her migration agent in terms of 2 years contract condition (which may apply to yoi).

As long as you are layoff not because of misconduct (e.g. Employer sell off the business), your PR wont be affected even though you yet to fulfill the 2 years timeflame. You can also work in other field provided you have genuinly attempt to apply for the occupation that your visa granted you (e.g. You are sponsored as chef, then you attempt to look for same level of chef position after after being layoff even though you maybe working for something else.)

If you've used an agent to do your paperwork I think you are safe cause they wouldn't do something illegal to risk their licence. If your boss doesn't like you anymore they can fire you but you don't lose your pr. If your boss wants to revike your visa that probably has to go through the court and they will have to pay for a lawyer as well.

Good luck with everything and remember that its always better to seek legal advice ( even a skype meeting with an agent if you are overseas).

My friend submitted the visa offshore (Retail manager) after nomination granted (which is 8 months apart). According to DIBP, they review application according to timeline of Visa submission not nomination. However if your nomination is granted, chance of appeal for expedited processing will be higher. However be prepared to make countless phone calls and emails from everyone (agent, employer and employee).

At the end my friend lodged her visa at the end of June 2016 and got it granted on 21 Dec 2016, while majority of visa granted were submitted in Feb 2016 during that time.

Hi everyone

Just wondering what happen if I lodge my visa application 9 months after my nomination submission?

Hi all,

I am new here.. thabk you for sharing your experiences. I wonder if anyone know when knows when nominatios submitted after June 2016 will start to be allocated?

nomination: 28 Sep 2016

Application: 16 Dec 2016

NSW pete

thank you

Hi gogita as long i know, company has to pay agent fee but not visa fee. In my case also i have paid specific amount to company to pay agent and rest of money i have paid cash to my MA . Because if you go through agent, company also has to be a client of MA. Leglally they dont say that the payment is made by employee. Before processing visa employer must sign some sort of form to be client of MA.

Hi Dear all

There's nothing wrong with you paying the fee for the visa or for the migration agent. It's not uncommon for employers to be willing to sponsor but won't pay for the fees. Your employer cannot revoke your visa. Perhaps they can complain to DIBP and ask that it be revoked but unless they have a genuine reason (e.g. you resign within 2 years) or evidence that you have applied fraudulently, they wouldn't be successful.