187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

great stuff neepops, keep us updated with what happens.

for me its been 4 weeks since I applied for the visa, So far I havent even received the acknowledgment letter, Contacted immigration today and they said that i can hope to get it by the end of this month.. I was like 2 months just to get the acknoweldgement letter :( and they were like, yeah we have to transfer applications manually and we have been very busy..

Ill keep you all posted and jaskiratsingh I'll let you know when our acknowledgement comes through. We have applied through Perth and DRC application.

Good luck all

Good to hear jaskiratsingh. I applied not long after you (DRC on the 11th Oct), and no acknowledgement letter yet, but hopefully I hear something soon like yourself.

My timeline:

31/05/2012 - RCB Submitted

27/06/2012 - RSMS Nomination Submitted – DRC

27/07/2012 - RCB Approved

01/08/2012 - RSMS Nomination Acknowledgement Letter - DIAC File Number Received

09/10/2012 - RSMS Nomination Approved

11/10/2012 - RSMS 187 Application Lodged - DRC

Edited by termis

Hi, could anyone please help me for my question

RCB approved 28/9/12

employer nomination lodged 29/9/12

ask for employer to provide information 2/10/12

my employer has not provide the information yet

but at 10/10/12 received 2nd email, an acknowledgement of a valid nomination

being received

is that mean my employer still need to provide the information or not

any advice or suggestion will be appreciated

Best regards

Hi Llee,

They didn't ask for any additional information from my employer after the acknowledgement letter and approved my nomination as-is. In your case, if haven't given you the approval letter, I would still urge your employer to hand over the information. FYI, my approval letter for nomination went something like this:

I, (Case officer name), being a delegate of the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship for the

purpose of sub regulation 5.19(1B) of the Migration Regulations hereby approve the

application of (Employer name) for approval of a nominated position for a (Job Position)

as an approved appointment on (date of approval)

If you didn't get any letter stating that, I'd definitely still send what they asked for (or get on your employer to send it to them). For what it's worth, my employer is a quite sizable company in Aus which in cases I hear that immigration won't need as much detailed information in such cases.

Hi Big bird,

please keep posting the timeline as I will also be applying offshore, any information from you will be valuable for me,

I was very unfortunate that my visa appplication for subclass 485 was refused, it was just because I took English test after the application was made.

so that's why I have to apply from offshore. icon9.png

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your updates & advice! I'm still waiting on my nomination to be approved( employer taking forever to get info together:arghh:)

Im applying offshore, so not sure if that's gonna take longer to process! I'm so disappointed its taking so long to get visa approval now, b4 July 1st my friend had her's through in a few weeks! Now i hear its taking from 6-9 mths!! I was sure I'd be out for Christmas. It's now looking like I won't even get out by Feb. to start my kids at the beginning of the school year! So frustrating..

Im finding it a lot harder to get info. on the new visa process,.. It's all processed online so I can't even find a a hard copy application form. I'm wondering is the same info required as before July 1st? Still have copy of old app form.. Just want to make sure i have all the information ready when my nomination is approved! It won't let me begin my online application until my nomination is approved:-(

Hope things are moving along for all you guys..

keep us posted

Regards

Bigbird

Hi Termis,

thank you so much for your information.

can I please double check with you , did you provide your employer documents to both RCB and DIAC?

thanks

Hi Llee,

They didn't ask for any additional information from my employer after the acknowledgement letter and approved my nomination as-is. In your case, if haven't given you the approval letter, I would still urge your employer to hand over the information. FYI, my approval letter for nomination went something like this:

I, (Case officer name), being a delegate of the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship for the

purpose of sub regulation 5.19(1B) of the Migration Regulations hereby approve the

application of (Employer name) for approval of a nominated position for a (Job Position)

as an approved appointment on (date of approval)

If you didn't get any letter stating that, I'd definitely still send what they asked for (or get on your employer to send it to them). For what it's worth, my employer is a quite sizable company in Aus which in cases I hear that immigration won't need as much detailed information in such cases.

Hi Termis,

thank you so much for your information.

can I please double check with you , did you provide your employer documents to both RCB and DIAC?

thanks

I don't recall the exact details of the info as my employer hired the agency and the agency mostly coordinated directly with the employer at these two stages. However, the employer providing documents at the RCB and nomination stage was certainly the major part of it rather than me -- (as the visa application was mostly my info rather than the employer).

I don't recall the exact details of the info as my employer hired the agency and the agency mostly coordinated directly with the employer at these two stages. However, the employer providing documents at the RCB and nomination stage was certainly the major part of it rather than me -- (as the visa application was mostly my info rather than the employer).

thank you Termis, my employer is not as keen as yours :( they let me do all by myself as I am the only foreign employee there, and I am struggling a lot at the moment, if you don't mind would you please recommend me your agent if you have their contact details

Hi all,

My bf is sponsored as a chef in Byron Bay. This is our timeline so far:

24/Oct/2012 RCB sent

31/Oct/2012 RCB approved

7/Nov/2012 Nomination and 187 Visa lodged

9/Nov/2012 Ack valid nomination letter received AND Ack valid visa application received AND bridging visa granted

that's for now. If any updates I will post again!

Hope everybody has the visa granted soon!

Cheers x

Hi all,

My bf is sponsored as a chef in Byron Bay. This is our timeline so far:

24/Oct/2012 RCB sent

31/Oct/2012 RCB approved

7/Nov/2012 Nomination and 187 Visa lodged

9/Nov/2012 Ack valid nomination letter received AND Ack valid visa application received AND bridging visa granted

that's for now. If any updates I will post again!

Hope everybody has the visa granted soon!

Cheers x

Hey annybaobao33,

U r lucky, u got our valid visa acknowledgment letter in 2 days, mine took 28 days. Good luck from here onwards, hopefully all of us will get some positive response soon.

Take care and good luck every one..

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum.

Im in the process of obtaining an RSMS 187 Visa as Business Administration Manager through Paramatta Office.

Please see my time line below:

Aug 2nd: Nomination Submitted

Aug 20th: Nomination Approved

Aug 27th: Medicals Completed

Sep 15th: Application Lodged (Decision Ready)

Nov 8th: Acknowledgment Letter Received

Have now began the wait to be assigned a CO!

Does anyone know how long it has taken to be assigned a CO after receiving Acknowledgment Letter in previous cases?

My MA said its hard to call at this stage.

Was hoping to be back in the sun before Christmas but dont think it may happen now!!

Hi Sully,

As you know, that RSMS 187 has just been implemented from July this Year, Most of the people have recently applied for the visa and are still waiting for the CO to be assigned. So as soon as some one will hear something they will let us all know..

Yes I apllied for a decision ready application and still waiting for a CO to be assigned.

Hopefully soon.. Good luck to u.. :)

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum.

Im in the process of obtaining an RSMS 187 Visa as Business Administration Manager through Paramatta Office.

Please see my time line below:

Aug 2nd: Nomination Submitted

Aug 20th: Nomination Approved

Aug 27th: Medicals Completed

Sep 15th: Application Lodged (Decision Ready)

Nov 8th: Acknowledgment Letter Received

Have now began the wait to be assigned a CO!

Does anyone know how long it has taken to be assigned a CO after receiving Acknowledgment Letter in previous cases?

My MA said its hard to call at this stage.

Was hoping to be back in the sun before Christmas but dont think it may happen now!!

Hi Anny,

Thats very quick! I wish we were onshore!

We began this process back in August and only received acknowledgment letters last week.

As you are in Byron Is your visa being processed through Paramatta?

We are now waiting to be assigned a Case Officer in Paramatta. Have no idea how long it will take!

Please do keep me updated!

Hey Sully,

I dont think delay has anything to with being onshore or offshore, I am onshore and my acknowledgement letter took 28 days. My center is Melbourne. I applied for my Visa (Decision Ready) on 7 oct and received acknowledgement letter on 5 Nov.

I wish all of us get our case workers soon.

Take care

Hi Anny,

Thats very quick! I wish we were onshore!

We began this process back in August and only received acknowledgment letters last week.

As you are in Byron Is your visa being processed through Paramatta?

We are now waiting to be assigned a Case Officer in Paramatta. Have no idea how long it will take!

Please do keep me updated!

Just received my application acknowledgment letter today as well... Hopefully next letter I get wil be the grant letter!

Just a recap:

31/05/2012 - RCB Submitted, WA

27/06/2012 - RSMS Nomination Submitted – DRC, Melbourne

27/07/2012 - RCB Approved

01/08/2012 - RSMS Nomination Acknowledgement Letter

09/10/2012 - RSMS Nomination Approved

11/10/2012 - RSMS 187 Application Lodged - DRC, Melbourne

14/11/2012 - RSMS Application Acknowledgement Letter

Hey Sully,

I dont think delay has anything to with being onshore or offshore, I am onshore and my acknowledgement letter took 28 days. My center is Melbourne. I applied for my Visa (Decision Ready) on 7 oct and received acknowledgement letter on 5 Nov.

I wish all of us get our case workers soon.

Take care

I get the feeling Any might've needed that bridging visa quickly and a note was sent to immi to get it acknowledged quicker (and thus granting of the bridging visa)? I don't know if it'll have an affect on speeding up the decision, but it probably didn't hurt her case by any means.

thank you Termis, my employer is not as keen as yours :( they let me do all by myself as I am the only foreign employee there, and I am struggling a lot at the moment, if you don't mind would you please recommend me your agent if you have their contact details

Hi Llee, sure thing. But to be honest though, I'm not sure if they'd offer the most value for a case that's mostly done (it seems like you did most of the work already if you already lodged the nomination and all) - they're a big corporate firm, so pm me if you're still interested and I'll pass on the information.

Hi everyone,

Yeah I think Termis was right. My bf's student visa was expiring on 14 Nov, so our MA sent immi an urgent letter to rush the ack letters and BVA. That was why we got the letters very quickly. I already applied for Medicare hopefully I can get the card soon.

Sully, yeah since we r in Byron Bay NSW the process center is Parramatta. Personally I think Byron is really 'regional'(not popular for a 187 destination ), so does it mean CO can be alloacated quicker? My MA said every year before Xmas comes, heaps cases are sorted before COs go for holiday! Hope we good luck!

Also heard tht different COs are separated from the big team to deal with 187 visas since 1 Jul 2012, which can make the process go faster than 119 and 857. But here I havn't seen anybody post a completed timeline yet??

Was anybody's 187 visa granted here???

Edited by annybaobao33

Your timeline is pretty much like mine Termis; Keep me updated on how you get on. My MA is telling me 2 months to get allocated a CO - Parramatta Office

Likewise bud - keep me posted on how you go, I'd certainly be interested to know how your app is progressing.

Hi everyone,

Yeah I think Termis was right. My bf's student visa was expiring on 14 Nov, so our MA sent immi an urgent letter to rush the ack letters and BVA. That was why we got the letters very quickly. I already applied for Medicare hopefully I can get the card soon.

Sully, yeah since we r in Byron Bay NSW the process center is Parramatta. Personally I think Byron is really 'regional'(not popular for a 187 destination ), so does it mean CO can be alloacated quicker? My MA said every year before Xmas comes, heaps cases are sorted before COs go for holiday! Hope we good luck!

Also heard tht different COs are separated from the big team to deal with 187 visas since 1 Jul 2012, which can make the process go faster than 119 and 857. But here I havn't seen anybody post a completed timeline yet??

Was anybody's 187 visa granted here???

Good info to know, so thanks for that. I haven't heard of anyone's 187 going through just yet. However, I am reading about previous RSMS DRC apps that were lodged in late June starting to get approved, so hopefully we start hearing about 187 app decisions as well - at least for DRC apps.

Not to mention, if this board is an indication, I don't recall reading many folks' timelines applying for RSMS visas around July-August (most people around this time applied in bulk before the 1 July change over date), so hopefully that speeds it up even more for those of us who applied not too long ago.

Edited by termis

Hi all,

Great news for us.

Timeline:

Submitted Subclass 187 Visa Application via agent offshore (Nomination was previously lodged and approved): 7 September 2012

Acknowledgement letter: 18 September 2012

Medicals requested: 10 October 2012

Case officer assigned: 10 October 2012

Additional documents requested: 11 October 2012

Medicals completed: 19 October 2012

Police clearance certificates from the Nederlands: 12 November 2012

Visa RN 187 granted: 13 November 2012

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Hopefully fill you with hope.

Thanks

Stelol1