Marine insurance, Letton Percival

Rebecca1978

Hi, I'm sitting here filling out all my forms for the shipping insurance, I've decided to go with Letton Percival as I've heard good things and my shipping company (Doreen bonner) were a lot more expensive, I'm just reading a bit here that quotes "list of pairs or setsat £500 or more) I know I probably sound dumb here but does that mean things like a three piece suite or bedroom furniture that all matches and dining able and chairs?

Any help much appreciated please:smile:

Edited by Rebecca1978
Spelling mistakes

Hi, I'm sitting here filling out all my forms for the shipping insurance, I've decided to go with Letton Percival as I've heard good things and my shipping company (Doreen bonner) were a lot more expensive, I'm just reading a bit here that quotes "list of pairs or setsat £500 or more) I know I probably sound dumb here but does that mean things like a three piece suite or bedroom furniture that all matches and dining able and chairs?

Any help much appreciated please:smile:

Rebecca,

Yes, sets are matching sets or suites of furniture that have a value over £500. the reason they want to know this is if an armchair of a three piece suite gets damaged the liability is often not just the chair but the whole suite as obviously if you replace just one chair it may look really odd when put with the remaining parts etc.

NWM

p.s. maybe get a quote from http://www.insure-your-move.com as well

Guest Nige Richy

Rebecca, if you have any questions or concerns please ring the company or email them I did it all from Oz and they were first class

• 8 months later...