Hi All, WE are currently waiting for our PR to come through. We have applied for ENS 186 through transition from 457. We're in a dilemma because my husband has been offered an amazing job and would love to accept it. The job is in a different field to what he is currently doing (he is sponsored as a bricklayer). He is pretty confident that his current boss will play ball if immigration ask for any further documents or information. Has anybody heard of anyone changing jobs in the middle of the process? Ive heard that immigration are looking more closely at 457 applicants and they're PR applications nowadays

Do you know where your processing centre is? We applied in may too and haven't heard anything yet, have just chased our migration agent. We are also offshore

Hiya, I know I saw Team 6 when I could access the mailbox in my immigration account. .

Are you in the UK too?

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

As far as I know, if you change job midway of your PR 186 application then your application is void with no refund and you have to start from scratch with the new employer.

Best way is to seek expert advice from your MA. Also, share with the forum what does your MA say about it!

Hi All, WE are currently waiting for our PR to come through. We have applied for ENS 186 through transition from 457. We're in a dilemma because my husband has been offered an amazing job and would love to accept it. The job is in a different field to what he is currently doing (he is sponsored as a bricklayer). He is pretty confident that his current boss will play ball if immigration ask for any further documents or information. Has anybody heard of anyone changing jobs in the middle of the process? Ive heard that immigration are looking more closely at 457 applicants and they're PR applications nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya, I know I saw Team 6 when I could access the mailbox in my immigration account. .

Are you in the UK too?

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

yeah we are in the uk, applied offshore. All I can see on my application is received! At least you have had some contact, fingers crossed you will hear something soon.

Hi @@Gary1985, how are ya mate? Any news?? You're over 1 year now! Has your MA contacted IMMI?

It's March next week - all pending April files are a month closer to 1 year waiting with no CO. Really hope they remember all the older pending files and work on it soon! :wacko:

Or who knows they might be changing your status to finalised ....[emoji4]爛

As far as I know, if you change job midway of your PR 186 application then your application is void with no refund and you have to start from scratch with the new employer.

Best way is to seek expert advice from your MA. Also, share with the forum what does your MA say about it!

@Nikki I would also recommend to seek advice.

Technically if your partner is in the process and apply for another job then the 186 application will be canceled.

Besides when you apply to the 186 visa you declare having the intention to stay with your current employer 2 years.

It is really a decision that can only be made by him :)

From my experience, looking back, I would stick to my current job if I was in the process and if I feel super confident my visa will be approved.

But that's just my experience really.

I have the feeling that the immigration department is getting tougher each year.

Personally, I was about to apply for 186 visa transition 2 years ago with my previous employer when I received an amazing opportunity with a very prestigious company and a much higher salary (my current job).

I got told by migration agents that I could go with the Direct Entry visa so I did not worry about the PR at the time.

Today I kind of regret it because the process is so much more uncertain and stressful than 2 years ago. I would have saved myself a lot of unnecessary stress if I had kept my previous job.

So yeah, you guys have to think about what is the most important thing for you.

@Nikki, I agree with @jess6 - sorta similar reasons for us going via 186 Direct Entry although I've been with my current employer for a few years. In hindsight, not worth all the stress and lack of stability and wish we had secured our papers long before.

In your situ, guess you'd have to weigh if you want PR now via your current application OR this job first..and then another PR route eventually? I don't think you can have it both ways. Technically, you'd be breaking IMMI rules, etc. If the main applicant switches jobs, it really renders the current sponsorship, including skills assessment (if he's going for a different occupation), null and void. If you're planning to hide it, would the risk be worth it? From the chatter here, it seems that IMMI has been doing site visits too. Personally, I wouldn't risk it. You might lose out in the end too. But that's me. Probably best for you guys to seek a lawyer/MA's advice. Best of luck!

@Nikki I would also recommend to seek advice.

Technically if your partner is in the process and apply for another job then the 186 application will be canceled.

Besides when you apply to the 186 visa you declare having the intention to stay with your current employer 2 years.

It is really a decision that can only be made by him :)

From my experience, looking back, I would stick to my current job if I was in the process and if I feel super confident my visa will be approved.

But that's just my experience really.

I have the feeling that the immigration department is getting tougher each year.

Personally, I was about to apply for 186 visa transition 2 years ago with my previous employer when I received an amazing opportunity with a very prestigious company and a much higher salary (my current job).

I got told by migration agents that I could go with the Direct Entry visa so I did not worry about the PR at the time.

Today I kind of regret it because the process is so much more uncertain and stressful than 2 years ago. I would have saved myself a lot of unnecessary stress if I had kept my previous job.

So yeah, you guys have to think about what is the most important thing for you.

Edited by Izzielizzie

Anyone knows that once MA has uploaded my requested info do I need to click the button "information provided"? Or just wait till my officer to check? My MA said that once I click the button, I will not be able to submit any information later on. But how can we let the officer know that we have submitted the requested information....?

Anyone knows that once MA has uploaded my requested info do I need to click the button "information provided"? Or just wait till my officer to check? My MA said that once I click the button, I will not be able to submit any information later on. But how can we let the officer know that we have submitted the requested information....?

really? have you tried uploading file by click attach button under every single applicant?

by the way, you can call co to inform that requested files have been submitted.

Guys, best news ever! My PR was finally granted today!

Timeline:

186 ens 2 people LR

Nom & visa applied 29th June 2016

Nom approved: 14 Jan 2017

Additional police check and declaration requested and submitted 27 Jan

Visa approved: 22 Feb 2017

Thank you everyone for keeping me sane, this forum has been amazing and I wish you all the luck with your applications, especially the April 2016 warriors! Xxx

Timeline:

186 ens 2 people LR

Thank you everyone for keeping me sane, this forum has been amazing and I wish you all the luck with your applications, especially the April 2016 warriors! Xxx

congrats mate!!

could u tell me how long it took from assessment in progress to finalization ?

Hi @badaich89 @jess6 - sadly no such luck, ha ha! I can view my application again this morning...and my file's still received. @Gary1985, how are ya mate? Any news?? You're over 1 year now! Has your MA contacted IMMI?

It's March next week - all pending April files are a month closer to 1 year waiting with no CO. Really hope they remember all the older pending files and work on it soon! :wacko:

Hi izIe , I am good thanks how you doin? Still same status , called MA and email as well they say just wait .. don't what to do ?

of the

Manson, did you call your CO? Any update from them?

hikaru059, sure this button is made to notify CO that all the docs have been uploaded. There is no problem to upload more docs after that.

really? have you tried uploading file by click attach button under every single applicant?

by the way, you can call co to inform that requested files have been submitted.

Edited by KathLe

Your case hasn't been allocated to a CO at all, right? Did you know that the automated email now states that they're allocating March to August? Hope you get it soon too!

This insane, random process = a roller coaster of emotions!! Some days, I'm really okay and think, surely we'll get it in a few weeks! And others, like today, something happens or the fact that I've been saying "surely..." for months on end now just gets to me..or I dunno, maybe I just lack sleep.

Some days the anxiety of waiting (seemingly endlessly) feels unbearable.

Hi izIe , I am good thanks how you doin? Still same status , called MA and email as well they say just wait .. don't what to do ?

of the

Edited by Izzielizzie

not yet

just let agent handling things so far

for now the most important thing is to get nomination approved , otherwise cant make any further on visa part

so i am pushing my agent to working with employer on that.

how is yours?

@ZoeSydney : Awesome news.. Congratulations!!

Timeline:

186 ens 2 people LR

Hi Manson, afraid not. This was all handled by my MA agent so I had no access or visibility on the Immi account. All I know is it took almost 6 weeks from the date the docs were requested to the visa being approved.

Have you had any request for info yourself?

congrats mate!!

could u tell me how long it took from assessment in progress to finalization ?

Seems to be as following:

- if you don't push the button - they will not be notified that files are already there and they will only check your file in 28 days, not earlier

- if you push the button or call them - they will be notified straight away - in there is a chance that your file will be assessed earlier than in 28 days.

what if I don't click the button, will they check my uploaded file:wacko:

alright...seems my MA may need to submit more docs later on, I'll just wait by now...Thanks!

Seems to be as following:

- if you don't push the button - they will not be notified that files are already there and they will only check your file in 28 days, not earlier

- if you push the button or call them - they will be notified straight away - in there is a chance that your file will be assessed earlier than in 28 days.

Timeline:

186 ens 2 people LR

Congrats! :)

Congrats @ZoeSydney! Best feeling ever. That is what I felt exactly a year ago.

For those who are still waiting, hope you get your PR soon! :)

Timeline:

186 ens 2 people LR