Nomination Ack letter received today. Nom was submitted 3 August. The letter states that a case officer has been allocated and our application is progressing. No reference to timelines.

We haven't submitted our visa app yet, waiting for nom approval first.

Things are moving....very pleased!!

Hi LisaIan,

Under what stream are you applying? Just wondering as gives us all a better idea of the time line.

Tina

Hi everyone,

Thanks for good wishes, helps to know there are so many of us in the same boat.

We're (well my oh) is applying under the temp residence transition stream. He's been sponsored by the same employer on a 457 for just over 2 years now.

bonza2211, yes, we can submit our application, however, when the company originally nominated for 457 they didn't submit enough evidence to show they met the training benchmarks, we'd submitted our application and paid online and because the nom wasn't approved our visa app was withdrawn and we lost the $$. Not too bad when it's a few hundred $$, different story when the application is $3k plus.The company resubmitted and all was fine and have since sponsored others for 457 and early this year for ENS (not 186) but we're rather be safe than sorry.

We've got police checks and had medicals so we're just waiting for that all elusive 'approved' email!

• 2 weeks later...
hi guys i just saw this forum when i googled...ENS nomination timeline.

im an RN in NSW health...they lodged the nomination on 6 August 2012.

the workforce director told me that even if the nomination isnt approved yet i can lodge the application

using the TRN she gave me.

however, when i rang immigration they said not to lodge an application until the nomination is approved...to be sure.

so, i didnt.

i rang up the person in charge of our company's nominations and she said the DIAC hasnt sent any approvals to their nominations lodged since

26/6/2012 only acknowledgments but she said it was untrue that i couldnt lodge my application till the approval.

getting confused now. i hope you guys can help me out with your wealth of knowledge *wink*

i already have my ielts, afp, police cert from my country etc....but no medical yet. should i just lodge the application anyway?

You can lodge the Visa application as long as the nomination has been lodged.

You cannot however, lodge a Decision Ready Visa application if the Nomination is not approved.

Recieved Ack letter from My MA. The letter says that they received the appl and nomination on July 27. It says nothing about DRC and gives a 5-7 month timeline though we had applied as DRC.

Also the weird thing is the website checker hasnt been updated to application lodged but still says 'received'. Is this the same for everyione else? When do they say application lodged on the website?

thanks.

The acknowledgment letters are generic and do not differentiate between DRC and non DRC.

Hi Guys,

186 visa Decision Ready application submitted 28 August.

MA has given me TRN and login details.

Application still just says 'Received'. So more waiting...

I was hoping to get an acknowledgement letter by now.

Immigration has advise that they are experiencing problems with the new system which are causing delays.

Will keep a keen eye on this thread... I hope to apply under the ENS186 Direct Entry.

One question, how does Direct Entry come as DRC? I thought DRC is only for the Transition scheme?

Cheers

Bonza!

DRC is available for Transitional or Direct Entry as long as all documents are provided at time of lodgment.

Hi mates,

just received Ack letter but no CO allocated yet. online status still shown "application received"

I'm about to submit my visa appl, got couple of questions seeking anwser:

1)medical report need to be scaned/uploaded or ask Medibank send to immigration directly?

2)Form 80 is required or not?

3)what about the evidence that I have worked as 457 visa holder for 2 years? How can I get it?

You can lodge the Visa application as long as the nomination has been lodged.

You cannot however, lodge a Decision Ready Visa application if the Nomination is not approved.

Cheers mate.

Can a nomination be lodged + approved and then a DRC visa application submitted subsequently.

i.e. No mandate that nomination+visa application needs to be all lodged together for DRC?

Also what is the maximum timeframe between submitted/approved nomination and when an individual can lodge their visa application?

MA advised today after speaking to DIAC that Decision Ready applications are taking 10-12 weeks to be allocated a CO, then 1-2 weeks to be finalised.

A bit gutted, as this is just outside the time frame we need.

Thats a bit of a let down but atleast we have some timeframes. Good luck maybe you will be one of those random, instant approvals :)

Edited by bonza2211

Hi Lisalan,

I got similar situation as yours. Just awaiting for the approval of nom, then submit my visa application. My employer has got Ack letter but no C/O allocated yet.

one question, how did you prepare the evidence for you(or your oh) has been working in the nominated occupation under 457 for 2 years? Ask a letter from employer to state? or what.

cheers,

Liu

Hope this helps.... this was last update from Sep 3rd, I received from DIAC last week.

The following is provided as a general answer to this enquiry.

The ENS and RSMS processing network is currently allocating applications to case officers for assessment as per the following table:

Parramatta Processing Centre - ENS cases which were received on 11 April 2012

Parramatta Processing Centre - RSMS cases which were received on 26 March 2012

Melbourne Processing Centre - ENS cases which were received on 2 December 2011.

Melbourne Processing Centre - RSMS cases which were received on 16 December 2011.

The Perth Processing Centre - ENS cases which were received on 21 May 2012.

The Perth Processing Centre RSMS cases which were received on 27 January 2012.

DRC is still a priority and expected to take 10-12 weeks instead of 8 weeks as mentioned. The above dates are for NON-DRC applications.

Thank you. There was a mention on another thread that DRC is now taking 12 weeks for CO allocation and further 1-2 weeks for approval.

Just got to stay positive! Not much else we can do :)

Guest victoria321

Hello I am new to this forum but wondered if somebody could help me out We are onshore in Brisbane and will be applying for a 186 direct visa, My partner already has an employer who is willing to nominate him, my questions are roughly how long does it take for a company to get nomination approval? and is it better as in faster to wait for the nomination approval before submitting our on-line application once we have their TRN number or should we wait for them to receive approval first?

also what is a decision ready application thanks in advanced to anyone who can help me out:)

Hi Lisalan,

I got similar situation as yours. Just awaiting for the approval of nom, then submit my visa application. My employer has got Ack letter but no C/O allocated yet.

one question, how did you prepare the evidence for you(or your oh) has been working in the nominated occupation under 457 for 2 years? Ask a letter from employer to state? or what.

cheers,

Liu

Hi Liu,

Yes, my oh has been working for the same employer on a 457 for over two years. The company submitted his work contract and past PAYGs as evidence. Hope that's what you mean!

Lisa

Hi guys just wondering how long will it take my nomination to be approved I applied for it 6 th of sep thanks guys

How long is a piece of string :)

Give us a few more details, even there it is a GUESSTIMATE

1. Is it a DRC application ?

2. Did you submit your nomination + visa application together?

3. Please confirm 186 Direct Entry or Transition ?

4. Which office did you apply? (Parramatta etc)

Regarding the visa process (not nomination) :

Current time frames being reported for DRC is approximately 16 weeks for CO allocation + 2 weeks for approval.

There was a post here : http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/145008-drc-rsms-ens-timeline-51.html#post1935977130

Applied 29/6 under DRC Employer Nomination had was approved in 13 weeks.

I got in there quick and lodged my 186 on 5th July.
(Me, earlier on page 1 of post)

Ive still not got a CO allocated.

eVisa still just states application recieved.

Paramatta office.

No idea if its done on first come, first served, but if so, ill let you know as soon as I get any change.

(Me, earlier on page 1 of post)

Ive still not got a CO allocated.

eVisa still just states application recieved.

Paramatta office.

No idea if its done on first come, first served, but if so, ill let you know as soon as I get any change.

Can I ask if you application was lodged as Decision Ready or not? Thanks.

Can I ask if you application was lodged as Decision Ready or not? Thanks.

I actually had to go look this up, as was not aware of what it meant.

Provide Registered Migration Agents with the capacity to certify their applications as decision ready

No. Ive done my application myself via the eVisa system, but have all the requested docs on the checklist uploaded and waiting for a case officer to review.