Hi Jess6,

Are you on Bridging Visa A?

Yes, it just happened this week - waiting under visa A is pretty stressful.

I changed employer under my 457 visa, and my 457 visa expired a few months before my 2 years anniversary with my current employer.

That explains why I am a 186 Direct Entry applicant and not a 186 transition applicant.

But overall I have been here for over 4 years - Working Holiday Visa, then 457 sponsorship.

The irony is that I could also go through De facto with my Australian partner but I want to earn my visa because I am hard working not because of my relationship status.

The irony is that I could also go through De facto with my Australian partner but I want to earn my visa because I am hard working not because of my relationship status.

Same for me. Had I known this whole process was going to take so long I'd have gone defacto. I would have had PR long ago!

200 days for me today. I never thought it was going to take this long :eek:

Hi Syd38;

Thanks for your quick reply, I really appreciate that.

I will try to consult a migration officer as you advised on IELTS.

There is one more thing though, I had had an active working visa when I joined my company (I had had 1 year on my 476 visa), so when it was about to expire, my company applied for 457 and I continued my stay here in Australia.

So it looks like this, I started working for them in April 2014, in Feb 2015 I got 457 as the other visa was expiring, so when do you think that 2 years start from;

a) April 2014 (my first day in the company),

or

b) Feb 2015 (my first day in the company on 457)

I know it sounds tricky :)

Cheers!

P.S Anyone else is welcomed to answer this as well :)

From the DIBP website: "The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years, while holding a subclass 457 visa, in the same occupation with their nominating employer (who is not subject to a labour agreement and who has lodged a valid nomination with us under the Temporary Residence Transition stream), who wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation."

I have been lurking on here for a while now and this foruk has kept MeV sane. I was granted my PR on the 14th January.Nomination and Visa lodged 29/06/2016.No documents requested and went straight from received to granted. Based in Melbourne and my role is Prohect Coordinator. I hope everyone gets PR soon!

I have been lurking on here for a while now and this foruk has kept MeV sane. I was granted my PR on the 14th January.Nomination and Visa lodged 29/06/2016.No documents requested and went straight from received to granted. Based in Melbourne and my role is Prohect Coordinator. I hope everyone gets PR soon!

Congratulations mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations Danni!!!

No grants from Friday or today?! Guessing most officers will only do three days next week...

Congratulation mate. best of luck new life ahead.

Hi @jess6, I think it's the combination of our occupation and being DE. I have yet to see MS DE getting quick approval - at least not for the applications in our timeframe?

Seems we also got unlucky timing-wise, in that the industrial action issues peaked around SEP-OCT. But I agree - ridiculous if DE were slower, particularly for onshore cases like ours with positive skills assessment and local experience.

Hitting 9 years in Australia so all the experience assessed and submitted are Australian. Solid employer and frontloaded all requirements including checks, medicals, form 80. And here we are, about to hit 10months and still no CO allocated. Mind-boggling and painful wait.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixing quote

Hi @jess6, I think it's the combination of our occupation and being DE. I have yet to see MS DE getting quick approval - at least not for the applications in our timeframe?

Seems we also got unlucky timing-wise, in that the industrial action issues peaked around SEP-OCT. But I agree - ridiculous if DE were slower, particularly for onshore cases like ours with positive skills assessment and local experience.

Hitting 9 years in Australia so all the experience assessed and submitted are Australian. Solid employer and frontloaded all requirements including checks, medicals, form 80. And here we are, about to hit 10months and still no CO allocated. Mind-boggling and painful wait.

Same here , I am nearly 1 year. 12 th feb De cook

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Same for me. Had I known this whole process was going to take so long I'd have gone defacto. I would have had PR long ago!

200 days for me today. I never thought it was going to take this long :eek:

Onshore partner visas take 12-15 months and unless you have evidence of a relationship for at least 3 years before applying (or 2 years with a child), then you get a transitional visa before you are assessed for a PR visa. So a 186 is typically a quicker and much less expensive option.

Yes, it just happened this week - waiting under visa A is pretty stressful.

I changed employer under my 457 visa, and my 457 visa expired a few months before my 2 years anniversary with my current employer.

That explains why I am a 186 Direct Entry applicant and not a 186 transition applicant.

But overall I have been here for over 4 years - Working Holiday Visa, then 457 sponsorship.

Hi Jess6 & LeeThompson,

Apologies for the slow reply. I hope it works out for you both. The reason I asked is that I'm not too far away from going on to bridging visa a myself. I worked for a company for 1.5years and then the business sold (ABN changed) and although I do the same job in the same place because the ABN changed the 2 year transition clock was reset. I chose to go the DE route (with 9 months left on my 457) as I felt it was quicker although I could have waited to complete the 2 year transition with the new abn and submitted an PR application under the transition route in November/December 2016. I hoping that the decision to make a DE application doesn't turn out to be a decision that I regret later.

As per your reply I know there are travel issues associated with bridging visa A and that if an application is rejected then you have a stay of 28 days in Australia before you have to leave but what I am not sure about is what the general options are to apply for temporary/permanent residency assuming your occupation is CSOL listed.

Has anyone looked in to these options?

Guys!! Very happy to know that my application has been finalised today! They asked for updated company documents e.g BAS, then state changed to finalised after 6 working days! The waiting is over! Every dog has its day guys, don't be stressful.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed swearing - not allowed

Guys!! Very happy to know that my application has been finalised today! They asked for updated company documents e.g BAS, then state changed to finalised after 6 working days! The waiting is over! Every dog has its day guys, don't be stressful.

Congratulations Mate!! Good news to start a new week :)

Edited by MaggieMay24
Updated quote

Hi @Izzielizzie and @jess6, Thanks for the update. I agree that the entire process seems vague. Initially i thought, the delay was a result of us applying via DE and also dependent on occupation. However, increasingly it feels that trying to apply any sort of logic to the process of CO allocation and receiving approvals, is a waste of time and energy. It seems like a lucky draw wherein they simply pick a few applications and start processing them. Anyway, I did call the department last week and received a similar response wherein the guy told me that there is a backlog and he can't provide a timeline.

When I did not receive an approval within 6 months, I had also spoken with my MA who informed me that she has seen a timeline of 8-10 months. We are all about to hit the 10 month mark soon and i can't explain in words how sad i feel that despite having a strong application in terms of documentation and sponsorship, we have to keep waiting. I hope that the Feb-March-April DE applications are looked at soon. Will keep you guys posted in case I hear anything. Good luck!

Congratulations neverwinter - fantastic news and its a DE approval! What is your occupation?

I had a look on the shared spreadsheet and I noticed that the May 2016 worksheet has been deleted! I'm sure someone knows how to recover this but unfortunately I don't!

Edited by MaggieMay24
Updated quote

Hi guys,

I am glad to inform that my visa was granted on Saturday (21/01/2017). I was surprised that CO called me to inform about the finalisation of the application, followed by email with the grant letter.

Nom/Visa Applied: 20/06/2016

Transition HR

Visa Granted: 21/01/2017

No document asked, straight from Received to Finalised.

I have been a silent follower all this time but this forum has been so helpful in terms of knowing the progress in the queue and keeping calm during the waiting game.

I have updated June 2016 spreadsheet with all the relevant information. Those waiting, hope you all get your PR soon.

Cheers,

AA

Hi guys,

I am glad to inform that my visa was granted on Saturday (21/01/2017). I was surprised that CO called me to inform about the finalisation of the application, followed by email with the grant letter.

Nom/Visa Applied: 20/06/2016

Transition HR

Visa Granted: 21/01/2017

No document asked, straight from Received to Finalised.

I have been a silent follower all this time but this forum has been so helpful in terms of knowing the progress in the queue and keeping calm during the waiting game.

I have updated June 2016 spreadsheet with all the relevant information. Those waiting, hope you all get your PR soon.

Cheers,

AA

Hi Virani, congratulations!

Hi,

is there any other document they ask? Just only bas?

Edited by MaggieMay24
Updated quote

Hi guys

Finally CO officer assigned to my application on 20/1/2017

They requested documents for PAYG, Company's details(Abn,Trn etc)and training documents.

Hope I can get my visa without any problems guys.

Nom and Visa applied on 30th June

Customer Service Manager

Hr

VICTORIA PESE

Hi @Zee14042016, I can empathise. Started this journey hopeful and excited, despite a few shut doors to other PR paths that never materialised. After such a long journey fraught with misses and unrealised plans, thought that perhaps the last lap would be smooth sailing given all early advice. Now feel sad, anxious and weary.

@Gary1985, it's odd that there are still a number of pending cases (here and on the spreadsheet) from late 2015 to early 2016. It seems the delays have impacted us the most, particularly those up to April 2016. More recent months seem to be experiencing quicker resolution (on average). Hope you get your PR this week - well overdue!

@jess6, @Richo and @leethompson, our 457 is expiring soon enough too.

Good luck to us all. I will keep you guys posted too - hope it is soon for all of us, though personally, I am trying to condition my mind to not expecting anything until mid-FEB (hopefully by/before then??). So sad.

PS. Congrats to all the new PRs - enjoy!

Hi @Izzielizzie and @jess6, Thanks for the update. I agree that the entire process seems vague. Initially i thought, the delay was a result of us applying via DE and also dependent on occupation. However, increasingly it feels that trying to apply any sort of logic to the process of CO allocation and receiving approvals, is a waste of time and energy. It seems like a lucky draw wherein they simply pick a few applications and start processing them. Anyway, I did call the department last week and received a similar response wherein the guy told me that there is a backlog and he can't provide a timeline.

When I did not receive an approval within 6 months, I had also spoken with my MA who informed me that she has seen a timeline of 8-10 months. We are all about to hit the 10 month mark soon and i can't explain in words how sad i feel that despite having a strong application in terms of documentation and sponsorship, we have to keep waiting. I hope that the Feb-March-April DE applications are looked at soon. Will keep you guys posted in case I hear anything. Good luck!

Edited by Izzielizzie