This timeline and info thread is for those who have lodged their applications post 1st July,2012, under the new skillselect scheme.

The Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) is for skilled workers from outside Australia or skilled temporary residents who currently live and work in Australia. It is part of the permanent Employer Sponsored visa program.

To apply for this visa, you must:

• be nominated by an approved employer
  • be younger than 50 years of age
  • meet the skills and qualifications requirements
  • meet English language requirements.

If you are nominated to apply for this visa, you must lodge your application online within six months of the date the nomination was approved.

When you apply, you must select one of the visa’s three streams.

• Choose the Temporary Residence Transition stream if you are a subclass 457 visa holder who has worked for your employer for two years in the nominated occupation and your employer wants to offer you a permanent position in that occupation.
  • Choose the Direct Entry stream if you have never, or only briefly, worked in the Australian labour market and have not held a subclass 457 visa for the last two years, or if you are applying directly from outside Australia.
  • Choose the Agreement stream if you are being sponsored by an employer through a tailored and negotiated labour agreement or regional migration agreement.
  • Like 1

Hi whoiam,

My OH's employer lodged their nomination on Friday (3rd August). We're waiting on my oh's Australian police check and my birth certificate before we lodge our application.

We're applying under the temporary residence transition stream, non-DRC and what with the backlog from June applicantions I suspect we're in for a lengthy wait!

Good luck and keep us updated :biggrin:

I got in there quick and lodged my 186 on 5th July.

Uploaded all docs that are on the checklist (no form 80, which was nice).

Still not heard from a case officer, will be ringing tomorrow.

Some other info on here.

How have you resolved your medical issue? I'm having the same problem--at least similar. MY MA lodged the application and gave me the TRN number. here in the UK they are unable to book my medicals as the TRN is not coming up on the ehealth system. Since then I've been reading the immi website and it seems one should print out some forms during the application process itself. Just wondering if you came across any option of form download or anything while uploading your application? Because obviously my MA has failed to do that.

yea, similar situation.

I was thinking about attaching a note (.txt) to my online app, saying that ive done medicals, have the paper copy with me, and that IMMI advised on phone that it would appear in eHealth for them, but I did ask about 2-3 days after the 186 was introduced, so im also thinking that perhaps this may slip through.

I will phone them, just cant today, as its usually a good 1hr wait till u get though. Ill keep u posted

Both ENS Nomination and ENS Visa Application (subclass 186) submitted together as DRC through Direct Entry scheme on the 31st of July and activated TRN. The status shows "Application Received". I have been searching the actual processing timelines on net but couldn't find any. BTW, the application is offshore hence no medicals yet. I know that DIAC has been flooded with load of applications and sorting/allocating them itself is going to take considerable time. Let's hope for the best!!!

Both ENS Nomination and ENS Visa Application (subclass 186) submitted together as DRC through Direct Entry scheme on the 31st of July and activated TRN. The status shows "Application Received". I have been searching the actual processing timelines on net but couldn't find any. BTW, the application is offshore hence no medicals yet. I know that DIAC has been flooded with load of applications and sorting/allocating them itself is going to take considerable time. Let's hope for the best!!!

Hi there! How did you activate your TRN? Do u have to wait for medicals or can you go ahead and book it?BTW are u applying from the UK?

Cheers.

Hi there! How did you activate your TRN? Do u have to wait for medicals or can you go ahead and book it?BTW are u applying from the UK?

Cheers.

I have lodged the application through MA who informed me about TRN and password for login. Since I have lodged the offshore application (from India), I do not have to attend Medicals unless I get the intimation from Case Officer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys i just saw this forum when i googled...ENS nomination timeline.

im an RN in NSW health...they lodged the nomination on 6 August 2012.

the workforce director told me that even if the nomination isnt approved yet i can lodge the application

using the TRN she gave me.

however, when i rang immigration they said not to lodge an application until the nomination is approved...to be sure.

so, i didnt.

i rang up the person in charge of our company's nominations and she said the DIAC hasnt sent any approvals to their nominations lodged since

26/6/2012 only acknowledgments but she said it was untrue that i couldnt lodge my application till the approval.

getting confused now. i hope you guys can help me out with your wealth of knowledge *wink*

i already have my ielts, afp, police cert from my country etc....but no medical yet. should i just lodge the application anyway?

Recieved Ack letter from My MA. The letter says that they received the appl and nomination on July 27. It says nothing about DRC and gives a 5-7 month timeline though we had applied as DRC.

Also the weird thing is the website checker hasnt been updated to application lodged but still says 'received'. Is this the same for everyione else? When do they say application lodged on the website?

thanks.

Recieved Ack letter from My MA. The letter says that they received the appl and nomination on July 27. It says nothing about DRC and gives a 5-7 month timeline though we had applied as DRC.

Also the weird thing is the website checker hasnt been updated to application lodged but still says 'received'. Is this the same for everyione else? When do they say application lodged on the website?

thanks.

Hi whoiam,

Could you tell me the link to the website checker please.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

186 visa Decision Ready application submitted 28 August.

MA has given me TRN and login details.

Application still just says 'Received'. So more waiting...

I was hoping to get an acknowledgement letter by now.

Even my app still says 'received' even though we got an Ack letter last week.Would have imagined it would get updated to 'lodged' at least. Have no idea how this works.

Nomination Ack letter received today. Nom was submitted 3 August. The letter states that a case officer has been allocated and our application is progressing. No reference to timelines.

We haven't submitted our visa app yet, waiting for nom approval first.

Things are moving....very pleased!!

Nomination Ack letter received today. Nom was submitted 3 August. The letter states that a case officer has been allocated and our application is progressing. No reference to timelines.

Great news!

Is there a reason you are awaiting approval? I was under the impression once you have the TRN# for the nomination you can apply?

Good luck!

Bonza

Wonderful news Lisalan. All the very best.