Hand Luggage

fifi69

Will it deffo be weighed. Flying with Cathy Pacific on Sunday. Never flown with these before so not sure how strict tthey are. I know in the past flying long haul with other companies it hasnt been but there again while going on hols its just been a handbag sized item that ive used. Really struggling with CP's low allowances and wondering if i could risk going over on the hand luggage in the hope it doesnt get weighed:twitcy:

I always travel with one large check-in bag, a very large ladies handbag and my hand luggage - put your heaviest thing in your handbag as they never weigh that, ever. Only had hand luggage weighed on the cheapo airlines like Tiger/Jetstar/ air asia. Laptops bags are accepted over and above your hand luggage on most of the big airlines so your OH could fill that up with something heavy too - and have another hand luggage bag.

I remember going to meet a friend at the airport who was emigrating - she turned up in 40 degrees with hiking boots on and thick winter coat! First thing she did when she got in the car was strip off and take her boots off.

Check with the airline re the laptop case - I was told that last month by KLM (I think).

Only had hand luggage weighed on the cheapo airlines like Tiger/Jetstar/ air asia.

I went to Perth in 2010 on Singapore and my HL weighed about 14kg, but it never got weighed either at Heathrow or at Changi...

but last year they weighed it at Heathrow, it only weighed about 10kg but they never said anything

I always travel with one large check-in bag, a very large ladies handbag and my hand luggage - put your heaviest thing in your handbag as they never weigh that, ever. Only had hand luggage weighed on the cheapo airlines like Tiger/Jetstar/ air asia. Laptops bags are accepted over and above your hand luggage on most of the big airlines so your OH could fill that up with something heavy too - and have another hand luggage bag.

+1 for the laptop bag. We did this and managed to stretch out another 5kg or so.

And as others have mentioned, if you can bear it, wear your heaviest shoes and carry your coat onboard to save some suitcase space.

In seven return trips to Aus and one single I've only ever had my hand luggage weighed once and that was in Adelaide airport on the way back to the UK. And even then they just told us we had to move some stuff from one bag to another, which I did, then promptly moved it back again once we were through to the departure lounge.