Moving to Sydney, Family areas close distance to CBD?????

Guest lucyisheavensent

Guest lucyisheavensent

Hi All,

With a bit of luck we will be moving to Sydney in the next 6 weeks or so, my husband has a job in the CBD, we are looking to rent in a nice family area, primary/ secondary schools nearby, and good transport links to the CBD, can anyone help us with some ideas of where to start looking? Many Thanks

Hi All,

With a bit of luck we will be moving to Sydney in the next 6 weeks or so, my husband has a job in the CBD, we are looking to rent in a nice family area, primary/ secondary schools nearby, and good transport links to the CBD, can anyone help us with some ideas of where to start looking? Many Thanks

Hi there, we too moving end of sept and hubby working at airport. He is happy to commute as long as we get a nice family friendly area, so will be interested in all responses you received......I'm terrified now....only few weeks to go...eeeek

Guest lucyisheavensent
There are a huge number of areas to pick from

Budget is usually the biggest factor - followed by what constitutes a reasonable commue to you. Any idea?

we are looking to pay no more than $400 per week for a 4 bed property. Ideally the commute would be no more than 45 mins to an hour to CBD.

Guest lucyisheavensent
Hi there, we too moving end of sept and hubby working at airport. He is happy to commute as long as we get a nice family friendly area, so will be interested in all responses you received......I'm terrified now....only few weeks to go...eeeek

hi have you had any luck with finding a property and how did you go about it? if not then have you made contact with any real estate agents over in Sydney yet? if so what did they say? thanks

Have to agree, that's a REALLY low budget for a 4 bed house anywhere in Sydney.

Even if you found one, the suburb wouldn't be the best and it would most likely to be on the furthest outskirts of the city. A very long commute.

You'd need at least $550 a week for a decent place in the Sutherland area (quite a long way south).

And at least $450 a week for a decent place in Campbelltown or Narellan (a very long way south-west).

Nice 4-bed places in a nice suburb close to the city is never going to be that cheap, unfortunately.

Guest lucyisheavensent
Have to agree, that's a REALLY low budget for a 4 bed house anywhere in Sydney.

Even if you found one, the suburb wouldn't be the best and it would most likely to be on the furthest outskirts of the city. A very long commute.

You'd need at least $550 a week for a decent place in the Sutherland area (quite a long way south).

And at least $450 a week for a decent place in Campbelltown or Narellan (a very long way south-west).

Nice 4-bed places in a nice suburb close to the city is never going to be that cheap, unfortunately.

Many thanks for the info, I have seen some 3/4 beds within an hours commute for between $400-$450, but I'm not too sure on the areas, by the sounds of what you're saying they wouldn't be the best, which conflicts some other feedback I've had on here that there are no 'bad' areas in Sydney that are not family friendly!

Thanks to all for your advice, time to call the agents I think....ahhhhh!

Guest lucyisheavensent
Penrith area perhaps. I work there and commute from the City. I can do it in less than an hour if I get a Blue Mts train, or 20 mins more on the slow train. There's a good shopping centre and seem to be plenty of buses connecting with the station.

Many thanks for this suggestion, it has been an area that has been recommended several times now, so I will contact some agents about this area, it's great to get some detail about the commute also, you've been really helpful x

we are looking to pay no more than $400 per week for a 4 bed property. Ideally the commute would be no more than 45 mins to an hour to CBD.

Reality check time. :wink:

You are not going to get a 4 bed within 45 minutes commute of CBD for $400. In fact I am not sure you would within a couple of hours of CBD! There are plenty of bad areas in Sydney and you would undoubtedly end up in one with this budget it, can you increase it, say double it?

I am in Leichhardt, a fab family area near the CBD, 700.00 RENT PER WEEK IN A 4 BED. Two of the bedrooms are tiny. Tiny courtyard...........

Reality check time. :wink:

You are not going to get a 4 bed within 45 minutes commute of CBD for $400. In fact I am not sure you would within a couple of hours of CBD! There are plenty of bad areas in Sydney and you would undoubtedly end up in one with this budget it, can you increase it, say double it?

Friends in Pennant Hills pay 450 for a 4 bed with swimming pool, however it is also condemned to be bulldozed for anold folks home...