camper van hire

Guest fred

we are thinking of going to oz for three weeks over christmas for a look round and we thought hiring a camper van would be a good way to do it

does anybody have any experiance of hiring them in australia and any recomendations for good rates?

The best we have found so far is $162 a day over the christmas period

• 2 months later...

hey fred some of the companys get vans dropped off in diffferent states and sometimes with allow you a rather tight schedule to relocate it for them for free ,you just pay petrol,good luck though

Guest JohnKelly

Thanks for the Link ABC Diamond.

I'm a local and I didn't even know such a scheme existed.

I've filed it in 'My Favourites'; it just might come in handy some day.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Hi We are now back. We used Brits they are a good reliable company with depots near the airports in all the major cities. Also it is worth knowing that brits , moui and backpacker vans all come from the same company and depots. The moui is the newest and most expensive and as the vehicle gets older it becomes a brits and then a backpacker.

Whoever you book with make sure the vehicle has a fridge.

One more thing amke the first thing you buy for the camper a can of fly spray as being eaten by mosquitoes all night is no fun!

• 2 months later...
Guest forshac

Hiya,

We hired a Mauri van last Nov and the whole experience was fantastic!!

The best part was waking up and thinking - Where shall we go today and then, at the end of your day- We like here, let's stay for another..

There are loads of campsites to pitch-up and having a Mauri/Brits van you should get a 10% discount. Most sites were about £10-25 pernight at the most. You can also fit nicely in supermarket spaces! We had the big van also.

I think you have a good price considering its Christmas and should go fo it!! If you have any further questions, just ask..

Enjoy :D

Archived