removals

Guest bruceyboy

Guest bruceyboy

Hi

My partner and i are looking to move over soon but are wondering how we would get all our belongings over there, or would it be best to buy all new stuff over there if its going to cost as much to get it all taken over.

All replies appreciated .

Thanks .

Hi there

We have had the shippers in last week to quote us for a 20ft container to Adelaide the average was approx £3500.00 from Birmingham.

If your stuff is good quality or nearly new etc it is worthwhile paying the shipping charges and keeping it. Try to work out the cost of replacing things in Oz and that will help you decide.

If you only wanted to take personal and sentimental stuff like photos etc, then a company called Excess Baggage are supposed to be good, many people just ship a number of boxes with them.

Any questions sk away

Cal x

Guest bruceyboy

Hi thanks for getting back to me it sounds like it would be worth getting it shipped then.

Me and my partner are looking to move to australia in a year or so and are just trying to work out everthing in advance .

What makes you choose adelaide ?

If you dont mind me asking!

Im just looking for as much info as i can at the moment .

Thanks ..

Hi thanks for getting back to me it sounds like it would be worth getting it shipped then.

Me and my partner are looking to move to australia in a year or so and are just trying to work out everthing in advance .

What makes you choose adelaide ?

If you dont mind me asking!

Im just looking for as much info as i can at the moment .

Thanks ..

Adelaide seems to have everything. A major factor for us, is the fact that it's not a huge city, we have lived in Birmingham all our lives and want a slower pace of life and wide open spaces.

That describes Adelaide to a T don't you think.

Cal x

This is exactly our dilemma. We keep wondering what is the best thing to do and we have had repies from other sites stating they opted to take thing with them and pay 3.500 pounds and above for contents of a 3 bed house.

However, when we have gone from room to room, actually asking what we really would want to take it has been a different story for us. We have seen postings stating it would cost in excess of 30.000 pounds to furnish their house in Oz! "No way!" said my husband.

So I looked on the Oz Ikea web site and found beds etc.to be cheaper than here.

I do not know of any Oz web sites for more "up-market" stuff so would be interested if anyone could let me know of any to look at.

Anyway, I think perhaps the shippers are clearly eager for everyone to take their stuff with them and when they give you an insurance cover of 30,000 pounds to replace everything people are thinking that's what it actually costs to buy over there.

Can anyone out there help?

Thanks.

This is exactly our dilemma. We keep wondering what is the best thing to do and we have had repies from other sites stating they opted to take thing with them and pay 3.500 pounds and above for contents of a 3 bed house.

However, when we have gone from room to room, actually asking what we really would want to take it has been a different story for us. We have seen postings stating it would cost in excess of 30.000 pounds to furnish their house in Oz! "No way!" said my husband.

So I looked on the Oz Ikea web site and found beds etc.to be cheaper than here.

I do not know of any Oz web sites for more "up-market" stuff so would be interested if anyone could let me know of any to look at.

Anyway, I think perhaps the shippers are clearly eager for everyone to take their stuff with them and when they give you an insurance cover of 30,000 pounds to replace everything people are thinking that's what it actually costs to buy over there.

Can anyone out there help?

Thanks.

Depends on your tastes- for the average middle class family, you could easily furnish a 3 bedroom house with IKEA style products for around 5000 quid. ($A12,000).

Or, you might like "top of the range" products, such as authentic Italian leather lounges and 60 inch plasma TV's etc, then you possibly would require 30K quid ($A70,000) or more.

Thanks Mark,

I think we'd probably use part of a container for personal items we do not want to part with.

Do not have a plasma screen T.V. so perhaps buy one to take if they are cheaper here!

Archived