Gooooood Morning Fellow Poms!

Guest Heathertoes

Guest Heathertoes

Well - my hubby will go mad to think I've joined another forum!! He thinks I'm addicted to BE already!! But I like the look of this one - good luck!

We are trying to head for Adelaide in Spring 2006 - but are awaiting our SIR Visa. Our agent informed us it would be 4-12 after submitting our meds and pcs - well we are on week 11 now.......and still no news.

Visited Adelaide for the first time at Easter - loved it! More importantly so did the kids. Both are keen to go - the eldest I think because he sees time off from school!! But even the 3 year old asks why won't they let us go to Australia yet and whether she can take all her toys!

Hubby is a Quantity Surveyor and is hoping for a less stressful life - his ideal occupation in Oz would be Beach Bum - but nearing the big 40 is a bit too old for that I feel. He works a lot in London and that just stresses me out esp as he uses the train and underground. So the sooner we can get away from that the better!

Me - I'm a full time domestic technician - I think that's the posh way of saying housewife.

Oh crikey - hubby is coming downstairs - time to log off before he finds out. TTFN!!! :wink:

Guest Heathertoes

Hi Cal

Yes I am on Adelaide Brits as well - but for some reason I don't find it quite so easy to navigate! I know if - NO positive thinking - WHEN we get our visa I will go to that with far more specific questions.

I thought this site looked good as you can go straight to talk to people who are trying to get to the same state.

How far have you got with your application?

Heather

Hi Cal

Yes I am on Adelaide Brits as well - but for some reason I don't find it quite so easy to navigate! I know if - NO positive thinking - WHEN we get our visa I will go to that with far more specific questions.

I thought this site looked good as you can go straight to talk to people who are trying to get to the same state.

How far have you got with your application?

Heather

Hi Heather

Had meds done last week, police checks and last bit of paperwork also went off last week. Feels weird having nothing to complete, the long wait begins.

Just lost our house buyer, so back on the market tomorrow!

Just want to go to Adelaide soon!!

Good luck, you shouldn't be waiting too much longer now, fingers crossed for you.

Cal

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Liberty

:D Hi Cal and Heather, I'm trying to sell our house here in Surrey, whilst hubby is already over in Adelaide, working. Sorry to read that you've just lost a buyer, Cal....this house selling business is a nightmare...I really don't understand why we still use such a complicated method of selling property in this country. I find it so stressful. Hopefully we'll both sell up very soon and can get on our way.

Good luck with your move. We are looking at Adelaide also. Is always hard to find out about 'good' and 'bad' areas in any new place. Any advice on finding the best areas? I've been told that Unley, Glenelg and Norwood are good. I need to find a good secondary school for a 15 year old and also needs to be a good area for a toddler. The 15 year old is keen to continue with Rugby and is doing Graphic Design after leaving school. Have looked at lots of schools sites but schools havent been replying to emails! Do schools over there have league tables like here?

Hiya nicnac,

there's another website called http://www.Adelaidebrits.com which not only has a chatty forum for general discussion about Adelaide, but also has a section for Frequently Asked Questions, which covers all sorts of things like schools, areas to live in, where to buy a car etc etc etc. I'd recommend you take a look because there's a whole load of information written by people who are already there. There are also loads of people like us, on our way and trying to make decisions in the dark.

Hope to see you there,

Katie

Archived