4 year working visa???- Help needed

Guest Rico

Hi

I am due to come to Australia in October. I hopefully already have a job and they are going to sponsor me on a 4 year working visa. My employers say that my girlfriend can come over and work on this, but we too have to prove that we have lived together for a year.

That will be easy, but my girlfriend is a bit unsure as to whether she really is able to work on my visa.

can anyone help?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we are currently pursuing this avenue too. Can I ask what agent you used? Is it better to apply on the one visa or both apply seperately?

My situation is slightly different but the jist of it is the same. My hubby and I moved here on working holiday visas a couple of months ago.

He was offered a 457 (4 year business) visa by his employer. It was absoloutely no problem at all to put me on it once he had his. Normally the employer will make both applications at the same time, however we needed it pronto, and apparently it takes slightly longer to apply for the applicant + defacto. Anyway, I applied for mine online, and it took 3 weeks to get it - no problems. I'd say if theres someone else that will sort it out for you though - let them get on with it.

I actually have far less restrictions than he does, in that I can work for any employer I want to. He can only work for the employer who sponsors him.

Its the same for a bloke I work with - he has been on his girlfriends visa as a defacto for a few years now. No problems with employment at all.

There are leaflets and stuff on this, but they can be very long winded and difficult to comprehend. The most useful information has come from people I've met who have actually done it but the immigration forum on the british expats site is very good if you havent already checked there [http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32][/url]

Archived