Hi everyone!

Shaz

Just thought I'd say a quick hello to everyone.

I'm Sharon (34), partner Dee (42) with 5 kids from Northern Ireland all heading out to Perth...eventually! We've applied under the 138 visa which was sent at the beginning of April front loaded with police checks and medicals, so we're just waiting for the AoS request now.

Really looking forward to our new start in Perth, feel as if we have been at this immigration process a lifetime so hopefully we'll not have to wait much longer!!

:D 8) :D 8)

Guest colessurfer

hi shaz

Im dave 39(teacher) and kath 35 (housewife) and we have 4 children. we are at the start of the visa aplication and are considering Perth. We have decided not to use an agent, what did you do???

Have been told i should be able to get in as occupation is on shortage list, so i will let you know how im doing. Any advice etc you can offer would be most welcome. Good look with everything and let us know how you are doing.

cheers

dave and kath

Hi Dave & Kath

We used an agent for the fact that our visa application was slightly complicated, we had court cases for removing the children from the jurisdiction etc..So we thought it would be better for a professional to keep track of things for us.

Do you have to have your skills assessed? Dee's TRA was refused the first time on a really stupid thing but we got it second time around....the waiting is agonising!

Are your children looking forward to the move? I think because we have been at this process for so long now that the kids think they're not really going but I know one of these days it will be all systems go :shock:

Speak to you soon :D

Guest colessurfer

Hi shaz

Yes i do have to get them assessed at a place called NOOSR in Melbourne. Just contacted a notary to certify exam documents.

We are trying not to get our hopes upu just in case something goes wrong so we have told the kids but sais we are just waiting to see how it goes, i cant see any problems but you never know.

At lunch but ill talk again soon, thanks for message

Dave

Hi Dave

I really can't see you having any problems but I know how you feel in saying 'just in case anything goes wrong'.

We to were a bit apprehensive in putting the house on the market and getting quotes for the container etc...it all seems so final..

I suppose we are playing the waiting game like everyone else at the minute and things seem to be moving pretty slowly but I am 100% sure that won't be the case for long....then I'll start panicking!

The kids are aged 17 x2, 10, 7 & 4, what about you? Whereabouts do you plan to head to in Perth...North or South?

Speak soon :D

Guest colessurfer

HI thanks for the message

Our kids are 16-14-13 girls and 1 boy 8, they still think its one of mums and dads strange ideas. We are lucky as we do not have a house to sell but we have to save like mad, thats the scary part for us. I have just got a new job in a better school and my contracts for a year so i should be able to save a load (better wages etc). And then by the time we sell everything we are not taking we should have enough to get settled but it will be tight.

I am going to try to get a job sorted before the family goes out so that would mean me goin on own for interview and sorting house out etc. But again it just seems like a dream.

We have not decided yet werein perth we wanted to go, we first thought about Queensland but heard that it was a bit rougher. We want a chilled life with lovely beaches and countryside aswell as the good weather. Well i better go as ill yap on for ages.

speak soon

dave xx

Guest NinjaClaire

Hi Shaz

Im Claire (39), my husband is Gary (38) and we have five Children and one grandchild. We are off to Perth as soon as our visa comes through, (applied on 6th May). We have got to leave our oldest three children and grandchild here as the children are too old to put on the visa, so just taking my youngest two daughters, Georgie (15) and Toni (13). I keep telling myself it only 18 hours away though. I know it will be worth it, but its very worrying sometimes. In the process of putting our house on the market, dont know whether this is too premature or not, but I really dont want to be hanging about trying to sell the house if the visa comes through quickly. (Some Skilled Independant are coming through in just over 4 months) Scarry! :o

Have you picked an area you like in Perth? We loved it round Joondalup and Ocean Reef area.

Claire

Guest NinjaClaire

Hi Shaz

Im Claire (39), my husband is Gary (38) and we have five Children and one grandchild. We are off to Perth as soon as our visa comes through, (applied on 6th May). We have got to leave our oldest three children and grandchild here as the children are too old to put on the visa, so just taking my youngest two daughters, Georgie (15) and Toni (13). I keep telling myself it only 18 hours away though. I know it will be worth it, but its very worrying sometimes. In the process of putting our house on the market, dont know whether this is too premature or not, but I really dont want to be hanging about trying to sell the house if the visa comes through quickly. (Some Skilled Independant are coming through in just over 4 months) Scarry! :o

Have you picked an area you like in Perth? We loved it round Joondalup and Ocean Reef area.

Claire

Hi Dave

Your lucky you don't have a house to sell coz it's a pain in the ass!! I'm sick of cleaning!!! But believe me we have been trying to save like mad too...with a squad of kids it's not easy!

Once you get through your trades part the rest is a waiting game which drives you absolutely nuts!

We have decided on Perth because I have family there so it will be slightly easier on us than most when we arrive...they have lots of babysittin to catch up on! !haha!!

Keep me posted on whatever happens and good luck! x Go for it!!

Hi Claire, thankyou for replying.

Like you we are also leaving one behind (even though she is coming to validate her visa with us but only for a few weeks) I know how you feel, it is worrying but trust me on this...they will be ok!

I stayed at home when my family left for Perth when I was 16 and I made it!! I missed my mum something shocking which made us stronger as we didn't separate on the best of terms but we are the best of friends now and have been for years! She has been home on several occasions sometimes for a couple of years so we have good relationship.

We are heading for North of the river just because my family are there but god knows where we'll end up! They are in Inglewood which is quite near the city and the others in Ballajura which is the direction we were hoping to head in!

Good luck with your application and I'll speak to you soon x

• 2 weeks later...

Hey another Northern Irish lass :P we sure do seem to get around, originally from sunny Ballymena, now Kent, heading of to Melbourne in February 06, got the visas confirmed just spending next six months and exmas spending as much time as possible with the families... :P:P:P:P can't wait to get to the other side of the world with my partner (no kids at the mo!!!!) and start the next episode of our life. :D:D:D

Hiya Bet :D

Well we're from the even sunnier...Newtownabbey :lol: :lol:

Just out of curiousity why are you waiting till Feb 06 to go to Melbourne?

We are still waiting for our AoS request, it's been 3 months now since the visa application went in and not a dickie bird have we heard...all very frustrating!!

Can't wait to get on with it too, my whole life seems to be in limbo at the minute...and now it's the kids summer holidays from school...Argh! Well at least they'll keep me occupied for the next 8 weeks!!!! :shock:

We didn't think we would be finding out about our acceptance till atleast about end July, as we only send it off just after Xmas but they came back in May with the "lenght of stay - indefinatley" so we are making the most of the summer here as mark is a brickie and the summer to him means big money. Also want to spend quality time with the family off on hols with the two sisters, got a week booked to Rome with close friends, Venice for me and Mark, well we probably won't get to see it after we move down under and atleast 3 trips home to see mum and dad in Ballymena. I think I know that once we go, thats it, okay people will come and visit but it is a long way away and I want to have the next 6 months doing as much with my family and friends as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Daceys

Hi All

We are in the process of lodging an application through the Skilled Visa via the refrigeration and air conditioning industry.

The only snag we are going to be up against is that we will need to attend court to get 2 of the girls out of the jusidiction.

Does anyone have any support or advise?

Karen and Alan

Hi Karen & Alan...Sent you a pm. :D

Hi everyone else...hope everything is going well for you all, we've just accepted an offer on our house so hopefully they don't pull out at the last minute!!

Haven't heard anything from immigration (3 mths 20 days)....this waiting game is a pain in the ass!! :D

Good Luck all :wink:

Archived