Making the big move - where to go?

Guest nikkijj98

Guest nikkijj98

:?: hi every one,my name is nikki and im mumto 2 boys age 6 and 3,my soon to be husband and i are lookinginto doing the most wonderful thing and move to oz,but how does anyone decide where the hell they want to go?is there any one that could hep me out here and recommennd perhaps an area that is family orienrared ,good schools,just your average needsetc,

id be pleased to hear any news or info any one has or how they made the decision,look forward to hearing from you,,,

:lol:

Guest Chlo

Hi Nikki,

My husband and I moved to Oz in Feb and have really settled down. Australia is a wonderful place with lots of great towns and citys. I think everyone has a different opinion on where is the best place to settle but it all depends on what you are looking for. My husband is a mechinc and he needed to work somewhere with lots of car dealers. I wanted to live somewhere that was big enough to have an airport but not a city. We live in a large town called Port Macquarie which is 4 hours from Sydney and 5 hours from Brisbane. The weather is good all year rouns as we are near enough to the Queensland boarder for warm winters but not to close to get the humid summers. The best thing you can do is make a list of thinks you want from your new life, read up on everything australian and then make a trip out here. I hope that helps to start with and if you need anything else let me know.

Good luck. :D

• 2 years later...
Guest cakebreads

:jiggy:Hi Chlo

Just wanted to say hi , we are moving to port Macquarie for the same reasons you have .Only visited there for a holiday so we are not sure on a area to live in ? We need a good primary school for our children and Gary my partner drives for a living he has a HGV 2 licence and I'm a hairdresser but for the last four years I've working in a school. We are up to doing anything at first to get a wage .Gary is really good at most things especially DIY..

We would love some tips and advice to help us on our way please ...We shall be arriving in Jan 2008 and can't wait...

Amanda & Gary

Hi,

Have a search on some of the old threads because this gets asked so many times, and it's really personal choice and what you want, locality, country, weather, busy, relaxed! Some people also make one choice and end up somewhere else - ask Wardy!!

Ali

Guest Laura G

Hi,

We made the move to the Gold Coast, Upper Coomera in March 2006, I love the warm weather an I have a 10 year old Son, we love the lifestyle and are regulary on the beach, boat or jetski, we like the Gold Coast as we have all the theme parks and spend more time together as a family and the lifestyle does not cost lots of money.

Have a serious think about what you are trying to acheive and what you really want from it!!

Archived