Kiwi passport

Guest KRISone

Guest KRISone

Hey guys

I have dual British and New Zealand nationality - born in England but parents got me the second passport when I was younger. Do those with Kiwi passports have any restrictions in finding employment in OZ or is it a complete open labour market between the countries?

Cheers

There aren't many restrictions. New Zealand and Australian citizens can freely live and work in each others countries.

On arrival a New Zealander is given a Special Category Visa and can live and work indefinately in Australia.

If you google Trans Tasman Travel Arrangement and Special Category Visa you can learn all the details.

Guest KRISone
There aren't many restrictions. New Zealand and Australian citizens can freely live and work in each others countries.

On arrival a New Zealander is given a Special Category Visa and can live and work indefinately in Australia.

If you google Trans Tasman Travel Arrangement and Special Category Visa you can learn all the details.

Thanks, I appreciate it :P

I will get reading!

The only restriction is getting security clearance which only Australian Citizens can get unless they find a very friendly boss. This isn't really a problem unless you're moving to Canberra (I'm told 40% of jobs will need this) or wanting to work in Defence.....