If you had space in your container.....

TheBellMan

We've just been pondering exactly which bits of furniture and belongings we will take in our container. Have seen plenty of posts about which electronics, etc we should bring and what we should buy in Oz.

But, say you had booked a 40ft container and had only half filled it, what do you miss in Oz that you would fill it with?

Not in Aus yet, but the only things we didn't take in our container were the outside stuff and I wouldn't take it with me even if I had room cos I couldn't be bothered to clean it. It's amazing how much stuff does fit in those containers. We did have a big clear out first but that was as much to do with having accumulated years worth of rubbish than try to fit everything in a container.

Bisto gravy :wink:

If you have kids lots of decent clothes and shoes, bedding, coat hangers

I'm bringing some with me. I'll declare so if they take it away, its only a few packs of Bisto lost.

And yeah, will be stocking up on the clothes, shoes and bedding. I stopped buying furniture last year and hunt round 2nd hand shops for it if I need it. Not bringing much of it with us so no point spending out on new any more. But bedding, kitchenware and the like, defo getting stocked up.

Hi, my brother and sister in law moved to Oz a couple of years ago and we're trying to get over now. Following their advice I am buying, 100% Cotton bedding, summer duvets, pillows, 100% Cotton towels, furniture, plastic food containers, kitchenware. These are all items that cost a fortune in Oz, here you can shop around, I've found great quality at great prices. When a parcel arrives or I come back from shopping with yet more towels my daughter simply refers to me having been 'Oz Nesting'. They also said take everything you can, fill the container to the brim, if you don't need it in Oz you can pass it on, better than ditching it here and possibly regretting it.

Best of luck.

lol, dont let he get at all your 'man treasure'!! put your foot down with a firm hand!! my wife's already said things like "do you really need that?" !!

She doesn't understand that I might need the zx spectrum and the BBC model b...and the 3 record decks....and the mahoosive speakers I bought 20 years ago that she won't allow in the house.....and empty boxes for electronics that have long since gone to the tip...

Ok.... she might actually have a point.....