Emergency Kit

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

We have had a number of natural disasters across Australia, after living through Yasi I thought I would let you know what was in our emergency kit, please feel free to add to it.

Emergency Kit

Canned food,

Long life milkToilet Rolls (lots of them, they sell first)

Pet Food

Nappies

Baby Food

Torch

Batteries

Candles

Lamps

Fill bath tub with Fresh water

Beer

Block ice

Camp Stove (Gas) - don't forget you can use your BBQ

Medications

Change of clothes

All important Photos and paperwork sealed in Plastic water proof bags. (especially insurance, passports, ID)

Physical Cash (when Yasi hit none of the ATMs worked or the swipe machines in the shops)

More beer

First Aid Kit

Rope, masking tape, buckets.

Fill jerry cans Petrol

Guest guest17301

Gee thanks Kate now I feel really prepared:mad:

only kidding great tips especially bbq one...never thought of that and the bath one too

Edited by guest17301

Guest The Pom Queen

Hey Cal notice I have my toilet rolls down :tongue:

Its an in joke between Cal and I, because during Yasi the toilet rolls went first and I wasn't prepared :shock:

Guest The Pom Queen
Gee thanks Kate now I feel really prepared:mad:

only kidding great tips especially bbq one...never thought of that and the bath one too

Fi, hopefully you will never need it. We now have those large plastic tubs stored under the stairs with everything in and once cyclone season starts I start buying extra in.

I like the beer and then more beer in your list of items :wink:

I would add matches (lots of it), can opener for the tinned food, blankets, towels, bottled water, pocket knife...

I had a close call with bushfire a while back and I was totally unprepared, I was chucking things in the car, anything I could get my hands on, I've learned my lesson, now I have an emergency plan for bushfires and for severe storms, and a list of things to pack.

Guest The Pom Queen
I like the beer and then more beer in your list of items :wink:

I would add matches (lots of it), can opener for the tinned food, blankets, towels, bottled water, pocket knife...

I had a close call with bushfire a while back and I was totally unprepared, I was chucking things in the car, anything I could get my hands on, I've learned my lesson, now I have an emergency plan for bushfires and for severe storms, and a list of things to pack.

Damn I forgot the bottled water but thought the beer would substitute :wink:

Yes a decent can opener or food with ring pulls, we forgot that our can opener was electric derr.

Scan your documents and have them on the cloud or in another location just in case. Ditto with photos - that's one of the things that people get most distressed about when they are forced to evacuate and lose the lot.

Great list M2M!

We have had a number of natural disasters across Australia, after living through Yasi I thought I would let you know what was in our emergency kit, please feel free to add to it.

Emergency Kit

Canned food,

Long life milkToilet Rolls (lots of them, they sell first)

Pet Food

Nappies

Baby Food

Torch

Batteries

Candles

Lamps

Fill bath tub with Fresh water

Beer

Block ice

Camp Stove (Gas) - don't forget you can use your BBQ

Medications

Change of clothes

All important Photos and paperwork sealed in Plastic water proof bags. (especially insurance, passports, ID)

Physical Cash (when Yasi hit none of the ATMs worked or the swipe machines in the shops)

More beer

First Aid Kit

Rope, masking tape, buckets.

Fill jerry cans Petrol

???

Cheers, Bobj.

• 4 years later...