Skillselect???

cherylj45

hi,I've just been reading on the immi website about the new Skillselect visa process......can anyone tell me any more info please?

Im a hairdresser with over 6 yrs experience and I'm hoping to be able to make the move but I've missed the July deadline so this next phase is my only option.

Thanks

Your only option would be to get your skills assessed by TRA, do your IELTS and lodge an Expression of Interest stating that you would wish to be nominated by all states or select a state you are interest in and wait to see if you get an invitation to apply.

You should read through the information regarging TRA, if you became a hairdresser by an apprentice (no formal qualifications) you need 8 years Work experiance - 5 years training plus 3 years or 3 years post qualification experiance.

• 4 years later...
I believe only paid employment counts.

Yes only paid employment that is closely related to your occupation can be counted. Employment must be at least 20 hours per week.

Note the two occupations listed above are on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) but are limited in terms of the number of States which have listed them for nomination. Neither occupation is listed on the SOL and hence are not available for Skilled Independent applicants (subclass 189).