Sending excess luggage by parcel

tasormelb

Hi,

I am sure that when it's time to fly we will find that our suit cases will be well over weight as I'm struggling to decide what we need to send in the container and what we need to keep to use. If the container has already left how do you get around this. I think I have read on here somewhere before that there are companies who send parcels over for you and that this is cheaper that excess baggage payments.

Does anyone know any companies that do this?

Thanks

We used Excess Baggage at the airport (Heathrow) and it was really good - the only tiny issue was we didn't have any clue where to go to get it once it arrived in Oz, Excess Baggage kept us up to date with where in the world it was, and once it landed they said we needed to go to the passenger arrivals terminal at Perth International airport, although we didn't need to at all and spent about 30 mins trying to find anyone at all that could help and knew where on earth it might be. But baring that little hiccup, it was all super easy, the stuff arrived on time and in good nick, and the paperwork was straightforward enough. I would recommend getting it sent to your address/hotel though, rather than picking it up yourself, as it did take all morning of too-ing and froing to sort out the paperwork once it had landed, which you don't have to do if you get it delivered.

We had it sent the fastest service, which was about 5 days I believe. Very easy, and cheap, just take your bags to the desk at the airport either before or after you have checked in and fill in a form and an AQIS form and you're away :D

Hi positive pixie - could I be a bit cheeky and ask how much they charge for excess baggage? I don't think we'll have the need for a container - so was thinking we could probably parcel alot of stuff up - or put it into extra suitcases.

( Does it have to be a suitcase? )