How does A 24/25 year old British man - domestic electrician - become an electrician in the m..

Hiya guys

This is my 2nd post... please be nice.. This website is full and full of information and its got me so confused.

I'm 24, 25 in 2 months and I'm wondering where does one start, in wanting to migrate to WA to become an electrician in the mining industry.

I current have around 3 years of domestic/commercial & a small amount of industrial experience

I've been to Oz twice in the last couple of years & I have my mind set to moving to Oz to work..

Where do I begin? is there more than one way to start working in oz? Fire away at me please, but don't be too harsh.

Regards Lukescotty

Hi

First check you qualify for a visa and consider working in WA itself first as the mines can be very dificult to 'get into'.

Second if you qualify for a visa, check what WA require for state licencing for electrians, Qld is a nightmare but not sure about WA..

Thirdly if you require a sponser ,get phoning companys you should be able to pull up a list on white pages.

Hope this helps abit

Cal x