Did anyone use White & Company?

Onmywayhome

Hi All

We're going to need a 20ft container to move our stuff from Kent to Melbourne. I'm really leaning toward White & Co because they came up significantly cheaper than the other quotes we've had. But it makes me suspicious: are they too cheap? I've not been able to find much on here about others' experiences so if anyone used them and would/wouldn't recommend them I'd love to hear.

Thanks!

Guest RichIwish

Hi there.

I used White and Company to ship about 30 boxes from Kent to Canberra and there wasn't much difference in the quotes I had. Although it was a small quantity had to use a company as I could not get insurance for china and glass if I did the packing. Some of the boxes were badly packed which ended up with a dozen items broken. At least the insurance company paid up within two weeks.

Guest mum2four

Hi we are in the middle of a move at the moment. Today was day 2 out of 3. I have nothing to say but good things about White & Co (so far!).

The packers have been lovely, very polite and considerate (things like packing my bed last, so that I have something to sleep on!)

I am also impressed at how well and carefully they have packed everything.

We are based near to the Winchester branch which is why we decided to go with them.

We had 6 quotes in total, and they were not one of the cheapest although we did manage to negotiate on the price. A month extra storage was also included in the cost.

For the insurance we decided to use Letton Percival as this works out by far the cheapest option.

Hi we used White and Co 3 years ago..yes they were cheaper and we found them to be fine. The two guys who came to pack up our things did so with care and they wrapped everything professionally. Some of our items arrived damaged, but you will get that who ever you move with. I would use them again...