Utilities

Guest kimberleydee

Guest kimberleydee

How much are these? Anyone recommend a provider?

Gas,electric, how about info on council tax, water rates etc?

Cheers x

Guest HeywoodMonkey

Well i can give you the cost of my electric bill from 21st Dec 2011 to 22nd Mar 2012...........are you ready $546.17 with Origin, i say with Origin as i have found a utility price comparison website. I reckon i can shave a considerable amount off that, i expected a higher bill as it was quite hot this summer and our air con was used quite a lot.

OK. Can I talk about mine? Electric (also with origin) 16 jan to 7 April $254. I thought this was really expensive compared to UK bill. We used the Aircon once in that period for about 2 hours one stinking hot evening. Other than that we try to be really careful - lights switched off, dishwasher on once a day, washing machine no more than three times a week. Electric hob and oven unfortunately so that probably racked it up.

Gas (hot water only) $70 for ONE MONTH!! 2 x 4 min showers once a day and 3 kids sitting in 4 inches of bath water every couple of days. Normal??

Water - dread to think -haven't had bill yet!!