Losing money on Partner Visa?

Krissy07

Guest GeorgeD

You are paying to apply for the visa. You're not buying a visa. So if you apply and don't qualify for the visa and are not granted it, then no, your application fee isn't returned.

I can absolutely affirm that the fee as others have stated is non refundable...mine was $2500 18 months ago but it has gone up in all with meds and criminal checks mine was up to $3500...It is at least that now for the visa and med plus criminal checks and no guarantees of approval and all that buys you is time towards PR.

Hi im just wondering if it is true , if i sent off for a partner/de facto visa with all the paper work and it got rejected would i lose the payment? i think its around AUD1995 or does it get sent back?

If your application is invalid or unnecessary or capped and ceased by the minister you will have the visa application charge refunded, otherwise not, except in exceptional circumstances, such as death.

You are paying to apply for the visa. You're not buying a visa. So if you apply and don't qualify for the visa and are not granted it, then no, your application fee isn't returned.

That's right - and specifically you are paying for the time it takes to process the application. If anything, a rejected application will require more processing than a straightforward acceptance (reasons set out, management approval sought, etc.) so if there were justice, they would charge double the application fee and refund half of it if the visa is approved.