Shippings left London, now moving to Melbourne in 4 weeks

Guest Nefp

Wanted to say hi,

I am new on here and will be moving with my Husband, and two young children (3&4) to Melbourne in 4 weeks:biggrin: we are staying in Elwood for the first 2 weeks, in which time I am hoping we will find a long term rental house, and was hoping to ask your opinions on the following suburbs;

Elwood, Williamstown, Brighton, sandringham? Or any recommendations? We would like to be within easy access to the CBD as this is where my husband will be working, and quite close to the beach.

Also could anyone recommend a really good preschool/ kindergarden for the children?

Sorry for so many questions on my first post..

Thank you in advance.

nefp

All of these have easy access to the CBD and they're all lovely. I would personally go for Sandringham as it's a bit further out and you have kids - Elwood tends to attract a younger crowd but it's still a very nice place to live. I've always had my reservations about Williamstown as, although I do love it, I don't love the places around it whereas in Bayside (i.e. Brighton, Sandringham etc.) it's all nice in surroundings. Brighton has a very good high street, cafe culture alive and well. Anyway, you've chosen some very nice suburbs which are all kid-friendly so don't worry - I'd check them all out and see what you like best. Best of luck.