Well, the house in the UK is sold and we are now waiting for our new baby's visa to be granted (they said it would be in August) before we make the move. We (me, my husband and two sons aged 6 and 3) were granted our visa in 2009 so it has been a long wait and to be honest, I am having second thoughts about it all.
I am a teacher and have a really good job here with the chance of a promotion. When we applied, teachers were in demand in Oz but now I keep reading about how hard it is to get a job in WA and how expensive everything is. I worry that we will give everything up here and it not work and we are left with nothing.
For those of you who have made the move, would you do it again if you had the chance and would you do it in the current economical climate? I want a better life for my kids but does Australia really offer that? I worry about it not working and us losing good jobs and a lot of money but I also worry that if I don't do it, I will always wonder, "What if?"!!!
I know only I can make the decision but some help from those of you who have done it would be much appreciated.
The song, 'should I stay or should I go?' springs to mind!!!