Surfers in Canberra?

Guest emmag18

Guest emmag18

I am new to Canberra as being sponsored by ACT government. Am really keen to get down the coast, which is only about an hour away, to go surfing and wondered if anyone knows of any surf clubs in Canberra. Also if anyone else on the site fancies car sharing with me to go on surf trips at the weekend here?

Emma

Not too sure who told you the coast was an hour from Canberra it is approx 2-3 hours in the car to the coast sorry.

I am new to Canberra as being sponsored by ACT government. Am really keen to get down the coast, which is only about an hour away, to go surfing and wondered if anyone knows of any surf clubs in Canberra. Also if anyone else on the site fancies car sharing with me to go on surf trips at the weekend here?

Emma

• 8 months later...

Hello, just moved here from Wales and surf most weekends. Feel free to drop me PM if you fancy sharing lifts to the beach. Plenty of epic waves and no crowds. Just the odd grey buss looking for passengers lol!

Edited by noworriesmate
Removed email address as per forum rules

• 3 years later...

Emma

MAGPIE AT DOLPIN POINT Here

2 n a bit hrs to Batemans Bay, turn left and go north, Good waves at Durras, Depot Beach, Bawley Point etc.etc.. all the way to Sussex Inlet. After that the Sydney crowd take over. Depending on your ability you can ride foamies in the shorebreak all the way to top to bottom barrels on world class reefs. The shoalhaven is wave central, relatively uncrowded and catches more swell than south of Batemans Bay. Lived in the Berra for many years now sitting on a wave magnet headland and surf every day its on....

• 2 months later...
Hello, just moved here from Wales and surf most weekends. Feel free to drop me PM if you fancy sharing lifts to the beach. Plenty of epic waves and no crowds. Just the odd grey buss looking for passengers lol!

Whereabouts in Wales Paul?