It's going to be HOW hot in Hobart??!

crispysince70

Good lord, I hope it's true, that's 2 seperate weather forecasts I've seen now that say it's going to be 38 degrees tomorrow.

It's a pity i've got to go to work, however the good news is that I finish at 2, O'h yes and we've got air con in the shop.:cute:

Hope it's hot wherever you are that's reading this.:biggrin:

Chris x

28 degrees in Sydney for the next 4 days and rising. Don't mind but HATE the humidity. No air con at work or home . Still , better than a minus degree forecast.:jiggy:

well it's definitely a possibility - it's 38 tomorrow in Melbourne...and at 34 today I can say it was unbearable in a car without air con...had the windows down and it was like being in a sauna, no cool air at all :) cold showers! People were running in to Mcdonalds to get in the air con and to get a slushie :) Happy days x

Good lord, I hope it's true, that's 2 seperate weather forecasts I've seen now that say it's going to be 38 degrees tomorrow.

It's a pity i've got to go to work, however the good news is that I finish at 2, O'h yes and we've got air con in the shop.:cute:

Hope it's hot wherever you are that's reading this.:biggrin:

Chris x

Nooooooooo! This is the only weather I HATE in Hobart. Because it's going to be very windy too. Really scary bushfire weather. If a fire starts they have little chance of controlling it. Fortunately days like this aren't very common here - not at all last summer.

Nooooooooo! This is the only weather I HATE in Hobart. Because it's going to be very windy too. Really scary bushfire weather. If a fire starts they have little chance of controlling it. Fortunately days like this aren't very common here - not at all last summer.

Well you were right about the bushfires, I can see smoke in the distance behind our house, though don't know where it's coming from exactly. I'll keep my beady eye on it and report back.

Chris x

Well you were right about the bushfires, I can see smoke in the distance behind our house, though don't know where it's coming from exactly. I'll keep my beady eye on it and report back.

Chris x

It's coming from the fire at Meadowbank in the Derwent Valley - they say the smoke is as far south as the Huon Valley now. I can actually smell it a bit here (upper South Hobart/ lower Fern Tree area).

This is a really useful website for fire. When you see smoke it is often very difficult to tell if it is miles away or just over the hill. At the moment we can stay calm here in Hobart!:cool:

http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/Show?pageId=colCurrentBushfires

It's coming from the fire at Meadowbank in the Derwent Valley - they say the smoke is as far south as the Huon Valley now. I can actually smell it a bit here (upper South Hobart/ lower Fern Tree area).

This is a really useful website for fire. When you see smoke it is often very difficult to tell if it is miles away or just over the hill. At the moment we can stay calm here in Hobart!:cool:

http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/Show?pageId=colCurrentBushfires

Thanks for that Skani, yes you were right, but, wow, it makes you a little bit jittery when you're getting bits of ash fall on the decking!

That link is brill, gives you all the up to date ino.

Chris x