Cost of living in WA

Guest Amanda1234

Guest Amanda1234

Hi Guys

I am currently filling out my State Sponsored Application for WA.

Where is the best place to do my research on the cost of living and building up the costs to add to the application form?

A

I can help you out with some bits and I'm sure others will pop up and add to this:

Petrol seems be hovering around $1.40/litre at the moment

If renting, have a look at realestate.com.au to get an idea of how far your $ will go

Food, sit down and then check out woolworths.com.au for grocery prices. Then make a note of it once you've recovered

Beer is $10/pint

Not sure how water rates work (I didn't read it to be honest) but it was $90 for six months when the bill came

My gas and electricity use seems to be about $150/month (use more electric in summer when a/c on, more gas in winter when fire is on. As they only bill every two months it evens itself out)

Phone/broadband costs vary wildly according to what you want. Check out http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/

Mobile phones can vary but $30/month is probably a good starting point

Health insurance is worth considering, check hbf.com.au for the kind of plans

Car registration "rego" - depends on car. Probably around $500 every six months

Hope that helps somewhat.

Hi Amanda,

We have just been granted ss, me my wife and daughters 2yr7mths and 6mths.

I gave them the following (monthly) from what I'd worked out from other posts and info.

House is up to you but we put 1950 gas 50, elec 100 these could poss be bit more, home insurance 75, foxtel 75, home tel and net 125, mob tel 50, car (1) insurance 45, car tax 41, petrol 50, food 700, shoes clothes etc 300.

Paul.