Area advice sydney

Guest Danjo

Hello!!

My fiancee has been offered a job in bankstown NSW on a ENS 121 visa. We both currently have good jobs here in the uk but after travelling oz on a WHV we are considering making the move. We are still awaiting the employer to put together a salary package but we would like to do some upfront research on areas/suburbs to live and cost of living. We are a young couple who are looking for a nice apartment in a good area (bars,restaurants,young) with easy public transport links to both bankstown sydney CBD. I will most likely be securing employment when we arrive in oz and will possibly look around the Sydney CBD area. Any advice on nice suburbs and cost of living will be greatly appreciated?

Jo and dan x

Hi there. You are lucky as Bankstown is on the direct train route into Sydney CBD so you won't have trouble getting to work. My husband works in Yagoona which is right next door but we live out in the Hills district. This is more geared to families so I don't think it is what you are looking for.

Your budget will dictate ultimately where you end up, as the CBD is of course expensive, but if you are both working and just need an apartment you will find plenty on offer. Aim for somewhere within easy distance of one of the main train stations and you'll be good. Have fun choosing!