Hi Everyone, looking for some friendly advice!

Guest Matt89

Hi all I'm Matt,

Came across this website when trawling Google trying to find the answers to my many questions regarding moving to Australia!

So, I guess a little background information

I'm a 22 year old IT Professional living in the UK with 4+ Years experience in my field of IT Support and have several industry recognized qualifications in my field. I'm currently an IT Analyst for a lage international quarrying/construction company, which also have a division based across Australia. (I am investigating the option of moving internally through the company but - I don't mind working for another employer either)

So I'm looking to move out there and continue my career, I considered a Working Holiday Visa to try and get an idea of life over there, but I think I may of read somewhere this my affect my chances of being able to migrate?

Basically I'm just looking for some advice - I've filled out a few online application forms and it would appear I have enough points to qualify for skilled migration but is it best to go on a working visa and find sponsorship?

I don't think I would struggle too much to find employment as a few Australian agency's have already contacted me but for contract roles only.

I know you must get so much of this, so apologies if I'm running over covered ground, I did search first!

Any help would be very helpful!

I don't know anything about the IT side of things, but for most visas you'll have to get your skills assessed look at the Dept of Immigration site http://www.immi.gov.au and use the visa wizard to give you all of your options and then pick the one that's best for you. You'll also find info there on who the assessing body for your occupation is on the SOL.

I don't think that a work hol visa has an adverse affect on visa applications, you can claim 5 points on your residence visa with 1 years work experience in OZ.

The employers sponsored visa has the disadvantage of not being permanent and leaves you stuck with the same employer for the duration before you can apply for residency......I think

I'm sure someone far more knowledgeable will be along to give you advice